Final Car Thread...Hopefully. Which Car Should I Get: A 2016 Corolla, Versa, or Civic?

Which Car Should I Choose?

• 2016 Honda Civic

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • 2016 Toyota Corolla

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • 2014 Chevy Sonic

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 2016 Nissan Versa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2014 Ford Fiesta

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
As referenced in the title, I've narrowed my first car down to 3 (5, It's 5...) cars: a 2016 Toyota Corolla LE, a 2016 Honda Civic EX-L, a 2016 Nissan Versa, a 2014 Chevrolet Sonic, or a 2014 Ford Fiesta. I'm gonna put $4,500 down and keep some racks in savings for the registration, smog checks, and any other fees that need to be paid.

My personal top 5:
  1. Corolla/ $11,900 with 22k miles
  2. Sonic/ $8,000 with 24k miles
  3. Civic/ $12,000 with 44k miles
  4. Versa/ $8,500 with 36k miles
  5. Fiesta/ $9,700 with 7k miles
I hit up Progressive for a quote, and they recommended that I get the "$289 for 5 months" plan. I'm gonna hit up USAA tomorrow and see if they can get me a better deal.

Daps
Toyota is the only one worth spending money on. At 22k miles, it has a ton of mileage to expend before you ever have to dole out a lot of money for its upkeep. I would never spend money on an American car. The engineering is garbage. Honda's vehicles aren't much less reliable than Toyota's, but your Honda has 22k more miles on it and is about the same price as the Toyota. If you're going to spend that kind of money on used car, you should do what I'm about to do and buy a Lexus. You can get a Lexus with <100K miles for less than 10K, a car that will easily last you for several years without any major repair and look nicer than most cars on the street. I'm copping a 2010 or 2011 IS250 with less than 100K miles before spring. Just need to find one with seats that are the color I desire (light brown). I may purchase one from an out of state dealership, but that'll be a last resort. :francis:

Last edited:

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Of course I can't guide you on what vehicle you select as you haven't stated any options/trims/ and what have you but that is personal preference.
I'll just leave my two cents, the fiesta and the sonic will be discontinued. This doesn't mean the parts won't be available or there aren't interchangeable parts from other vehicles but that is something to keep in mind as for some off chance a specific part is not available due to it being discontinued in the long run.

HabitualChiller

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Toyota is the only one worth spending money on. At 22k miles, it has a ton of mileage to expend before you ever have to dole out a lot of money for its upkeep. I would never spend money on an American car. The engineering is garbage. Honda's vehicles aren't much less reliable than Toyota's, but your Honda has 22k more miles on it and is about the same price as the Toyota. If you're going to spend that kind of money on used car, you should do what I'm about to do and buy a Lexus. You can get a Lexus with <100K miles for less than 10K, a car that will easily last you for several years without any major repair and look nicer than most cars on the street. I'm copping a 2010 or 2011 IS250 with less than 100K miles before spring. Just need to find one with seats that are the color I desire (light brown). I may purchase one from an out of state dealership, but that'll be a last resort. :francis:
I was thinking of doing this, but those miles scare me.

HabitualChiller

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Stay away from the Fiesta. I sell Fords and they had transmission issues around that time..

Fukk no to the Versa and Sonic

The fact the Civic is an EXL means is like it'll have more equipment and they hold they're value the best of all those cars.. Get the Honda
Yeah, I'm digging the Honda. The Corolla is cheaper though:patrice:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I buy and resell cars in my spare time. I have experience with all of these. If you want the one with the chance of the most reliability/durability, then get the Civic first, then Corolla. (those Corolla base are :scust:)

but all of them have low miles, so I would trust any of the foreigns. my personal recommendation is the Versa. one of the best bangs for your buck as far as value is concerned. they a inexpensive and not to much extra for features. reliable for the most part, Nissan has good service from my experience and price is not bad either. Versa rides really really good too. I have had opportunities to buy Fiestas and Sonics but I stay away from them.