First Music Placement on an NFL Game

TEKBEATZ

Banging Pads
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Saint Petersburg. FL
What up, y'all? I had my first placement on an NFL game this past weekend during the Eagles vs. Commanders game. A track that my buddy and I collaborated on called "Rebel Anthem" got used. My homey played the guitar and bass and I did the hip-hop drums and fx.

This is so dope!! Congrats Aje

teacher

All Star
Daps
congratulations if you need help with mixing or mastering. I'm doing one freebie. Let me know!

• Dap
Reactions: Aje

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
that's wassup! REP

How'd yall get the placement?
Did you get a heads up they'd use it?
Was the song composed specifically for commercial purposes?

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
that's wassup! REP

How'd yall get the placement?
Did you get a heads up they'd use it?
Was the song composed specifically for commercial purposes?
Appreciate you.

The publishing company/music library with which I'm affiliated has a relationship with Fox Sports, so, just this year alone, we've had placements on MLB (Padres vs Dodgers 5/13/23), NCAA Football (Utah vs. Oregon St. 9/29/23), and now two NFL games.

No head's up, but the majority of the time, my publisher pays for a service that scans all programing and IDs any usage. So, all of the placements on these sporting events I've found out a day or so after the synch aired, except yesterday, my boy literally texts me to tell me he hears our track play during the Falcons game.

Yeah, late last year, there was a client that inquired about this specific hybrid of music for a DISCOVERY show and my publisher asked me if I was down to hook it up. So, we did and submitted the final ten-track album on New Year's Eve going into '23. Then like six weeks later, we started getting placements on these car shows Street Outlaws and Graveyard Cars, but then Fox Sports was digging that vibe so they started using them.