Five Reasons Draymond Green Should Have Won 2016 DPOY

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Great article. I thought he had a stronger case last season. How the fukk do you get the most first place votes and not win DPOY? And how does Kawhi miss 25% of last season and win it?

Some of these 2016 stats got me like :whoo:

Robbed two years in a row.

Daps
Put the weed down man, we're only a few hours into 4/20. You got a long day ahead of you :skip:
He's already the best defender of this generation, I don't see why it's absurd to suggest he's the best defender that I've seen. What player do you know in the past 30+ years who's been able to replicate Draymond's impact on the defensive end?

Daps
Great article. I thought he had a stronger case last season. How the fukk do you get the most first place votes and not win DPOY? And how does Kawhi miss 25% of last season and win it?

Some of these 2016 stats got me like :whoo:

Robbed two years in a row.

He defended THREE times the amount of isolation plays that Kawhi did this season yet held them to a worse FG%/points per shot. Which is quite incredible considering all the different positions he defended and all the FG attempts he had to defend that were closer to the rim, whereas Kawhi would've defended a larger ratio of perimeter shots.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
:what:

It's detailing how many shots he defended this season. How is that a meaningless stat?
Because it gives no context. Did he have a hand in the face, did he just run out to a player while in the midst of shooting, was he just a help defender who stood there in a defensive posture? It's meaningless. And what was your screen name previously because with such quality shyt posting, I would've blocked you by now?

Daps
Because it gives no context.
You can say the same for 99% of stats.

I mean points per game is just a made up stat in the same vein isn't it? How many points do they get from travelling or any other illegal activity with the ball in hand? How many points do they get from cherrypicking on the offensive end when a teammate has created a turnover? How many and-1s or FT attempts do they get which aren't really fouls? How many points do they get in garbage time when defenses aren't focusing like they normally do?
Did he have a hand in the face, did he just run out to a player while in the midst of shooting, was he just a help defender who stood there in a defensive posture? It's meaningless.
It depends on what the shot situation is - isolation/post/hand-off/off-screen etc etc. And no it's not typically when a player just happens to be in the vicinity of a player shooting - it's when they're activity defending the shot by themselves.
And what was your screen name previously because with such quality shyt posting, I would've blocked you by now?
You call my posting shytty, when you think think defensive field goal attempts aren't reflective of one's defensive ability, and just are a meaningless stat...

:heh:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People seem confused because Draymond came out of nowhere but anyone who doesn't think this dude is an elite defensive player just doesn't understand basketball.

People always say dumb shyt like "Oh but Shaq and Kareem would just post him up" as if isolation defense, on the block, is all that counts as defense.

Help defense, ability to alter shots and blow up plays on the perimeter, the vision and motor to dodge or muscle through screens, understanding of lanes and angles, his versatility and understanding of who to switch with, etc.

Draymond is an elite defender. Way better than a 6'7 center should be.