Flint, Michigan is to Detroit what Vallejo is to Oakland/San Francisco and Pomona is to Compton/Los Angeles

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tupac-idgaf.gif

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Keep it a buck Detroit don’t fukk with Flint for some reason. shyt weird
Detroit is the most decrepit major city that I’ve been to. Stopped there for a slice of Buddy’s Pizza and I hit the road right away after

Louie Ray and Babyface Ray have the same flow and vocal tone but haven’t done a collab albun together like all of the Flint rappers have, which is strange based on their similarities that go all the way to the name

Edit: I guess they have been on a song together

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I never got the feeling that Detroit didn't fukk with Flint 🤔 its alot of (and I mean ALOT) of hood/street connections between the two and never has it been a significant beef between us. It's always been love whenever I hit the D and vice versa.

That's the one thing I loved about Michigan, we never was on no gang blood/crip bullshyt, it was just a bunch of individual clicks that did they own thing and bossed up. Granted, there might have been beef between two clicks but it was never a widespread type of get down.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
I never got the feeling that Detroit didn't fukk with Flint 🤔 its alot of (and I mean ALOT) of hood/street connections between the two and never has it been a significant beef between us. It's always been love whenever I hit the D and vice versa.

That's the one thing I loved about Michigan, we never was on no gang blood/crip bullshyt, it was just a bunch of individual clicks that did they own thing and bossed up. Granted, there might have been beef between two clicks but it was never a widespread type of get down.
How do people make money there? The place is in ruins

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
It's actually a resurgence, it's in the process of being gentrified right now. They've been putting millions of dollars into Flint and GM just put a billion dollars into employees and facilities in Flint. But as of now, most people drive to neighboring cities to work like Swartz Creek, Bridgeport, Howell, etc. It's a healthcare/manufacturing hub mostly in central and southeast MI. The cost of living in Flint is so low that it's actually very beneficial if you know what you're doing. I make over 100k with maybe 6k a year in housing expenses, thats water/gas/property taxes since I own my house and it's paid off. It was 12k when I bought it at auction, at 1800 sq ft. Now it's worth about 120k and it keeps going up.

Street money is done for. Crackheads died out and new heads are few and far between. Dispensaries have destroyed the weed game. Alot of pure criminals can't survive like they used to, just being honest.

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
Salute to Flint for developing their own style and sound without fully riding the Detroit sound like some of these other Midwest cities are doing. With that said I regularly listen to YN Jay, Louie Ray, RMC Mike and Krispy Kid.
What are you talking about, all they did was copy our sound and put funny raps over it
:what:

The so called Flint sound came from Detroit rap. Before 2013 them nikkas was rapping like Cheif Keef and all them Chicago nikkas, Detroit never did that.