FLORIDA BEING FLORIDA: Mask Mandate for Planes, Trains Overturned by Federal Judge

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Bloomberg) -- A federal judge in Florida overturned the U.S. government mask mandate on public transportation, dealing a blow to the Biden administration as fights continue nationwide over policies tied to the Covid-19 pandemic.

U.S. District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle in Tampa vacated the mask mandate nationwide and directed the CDC to reverse the policy. The suit was filed by the Health Freedom Defense Fund.

The ruling comes as states across the U.S. have eased restrictions following an overall drop in case numbers from a January peak caused by the omicron variant of the coronavirus. Almost 1 million Americans have died of Covid in the past two years, and hundreds more continue to die every day.

Florida and other Republican-led states in March filed a similar lawsuit seeking to overturn the mask mandate, a fight that pitted President Joe Biden against Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, a fierce critic of pandemic mandates. The states accused the administration of ignoring “loss after loss” in court and having “outright disdain” for the limits of its power.

The CDC announced last week that it would extend the ban by two weeks, to May 3, as it weighs data on Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations driven by the BA.2 sub-variant. The extension is shorter than previous ones, signaling that the agency was nearing a position to lift it altogether.

The Justice Department and the CDC didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment on the ruling.

The case is Health Freedom Defense Fund v. Joseph Biden, 21-cv-1693, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida (Tampa).

Read More: Mask Mandate on Planes, Trains Draws Lawsuit From GOP States

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I mean, you can still wear a mask if you want to and sick people were still flying with the mask on, so what's the issue? :patrice:
Sometimes I be the only person in stores wearing a mask. I never had covid yet so why stop if it works?

People here worrying about wearing masks when china beating people up and taking their homes. Very definition of first world problems

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Sometimes I be the only person in stores wearing a mask. I never had covid yet so why stop if it works?

People here worrying about wearing masks when china beating people up and taking their homes. Very definition of first world problems

:unimpressed:

Eh. AFIC it's low-key China's fault this rona shyt popped off in the first place, so them "beating folks up and taking their homes" means nothing in the grand scheme of things, especially since they've always been a poor example of a state's civil liberties; basically, fukk 'em.
:manny:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I mean, you can still wear a mask if you want to and sick people were still flying with the mask on, so what's the issue? :patrice:

The main thing masks do is stop people who have COVID from spreading it. They aren't nearly as effective at protecting you from getting it from someone else.

So basically masks become much less effective if only some people are wearing them. Since it only takes one unmasked spreader to fukk it up.

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
:unimpressed:

Eh. AFIC it's low-key China's fault this rona shyt popped off in the first place, so them "beating folks up and taking their homes" means nothing in the grand scheme of things, especially since they've always been a poor example of a state's civil liberties; basically, fukk 'em.
:manny:
My point is that wearing mask is nothing compared to some other places like Australia, china and other places that force people to get vaxxed or taking civil liberties away. Not really speaking on why they're doing what they're doing bc that's a bigger issue. You're right but I wasn't trying to dig that deep into it

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
The main thing masks do is stop people who have COVID from spreading it. They aren't nearly as effective at protecting you from getting it from someone else.

So basically masks become much less effective if only some people are wearing them. Since it only takes one unmasked spreader to fukk it up.
The mask blocked spit
My point is that wearing mask is nothing compared to some other places like Australia, china and other places that force people to get vaxxed or taking civil liberties away. Not really speaking on why they're doing what they're doing bc that's a bigger issue. You're right but I wasn't trying to dig that deep into it

Yeah, I gotcha.

It is what it is at this point in time. :francis:

Some folk will wear the mask but be unvaxxed and/or be asymptomatic, and still be spreading it, especially on a plane with recirculated air. And I know these fools ain't wearing them shyts when they get inside that little-ass bathroom.

Take your Airborne, only fly if necessary, and keep wearing your masks, brehs. :yeshrug:

North of Death

All Star
Daps

Says who?:usure: