Food that keeps you full while trying to slim down?

Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw P's Coat Hangers
Started my official weight loss journey this Thursday...
6'8", 270; but "skinny fat..."

Easing back into working out due to shoulder issue, so squats, light dumbbell curls and a brisk 3 mile walk 4 times a week...

Til I get a doctor's visit, gonna focus on diet.

Brown rice, frozen veggies and low sodium protein dishes (homemade japanese curry, grilled chicken, salmon) are gonna be the main things I plan on eating.

Is there anything that you can eat to stay satiated for longer?

After a decent-sized meal, I get hungry after an hour and it's a nightmare trying to sleep when your stomach won't stop growling...

I need advice, y'all.:mjcry:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Shoot for like 220 grams of protein per day from quality sources. That will help a lot with satiation. Add some big salads and broccoli. I would also eat like you are at a restaurant. So eat in courses. It takes time to feel “full” so take a few trips to the kitchen as opposed to putting everything on the table at once if possible.

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Diff question. How many calories are you currently going for daily?

Without knowing your age. Based on your height and weight you’d need somewhere around 3400 calories to maintain weight.

500 calories less per day to lose a pound a week.

Daps
Start your day with oatmeal, this is a healthy and filling start to your day. Make veg a primary part of your dish. Drink plenty of water. Keep a banana close by.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I imagine his point is more then amount of food you get relative to calories. One serving of PB runs around 190 cals while 8 oz (basically two) chicken breast is 240 cals. Giving up a 1/10 of your cals for a tablespoon of PB is a tough go.
I see. I don’t eat chicken so peanut butter is a must. I conditioned myself to run on 2 tbsp up to 5 hours.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I see. I don’t eat chicken so peanut butter is a must. I conditioned myself to run on 2 tbsp up to 5 hours.
I mean he could mean something different. I use chicken as an example but bigger picture is more about caloric bang for your buck on calorie restriction

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Probably the worst food to eat when on a cut though. Way too calorically dense.
Y’all call it a cut, I call it a diet, whatever, but PB is my diet secret. one tbs (95 cals) of PB can hold me a couple hours, pair it with a 150 cal protein shake and I’m good with that for dinner. The fat in PB keeps me way full, so as long as I don’t eat like 4 spoonfuls, the calorie density actually works in my favor.
I eat chicken, but agree with a spoon or two of PB keeping me full for a few hours

Maluma

Banned
Daps
Y’all call it a cut, I call it a diet, whatever, but PB is my diet secret. one tbs (95 cals) of PB can hold me a couple hours, pair it with a 150 cal protein shake and I’m good with that for dinner. The fat in PB keeps me way full, so as long as I don’t eat like 4 spoonfuls, the calorie density actually works in my favor.

I eat chicken, but agree with a spoon or two of PB keeping me full for a few hours
If you’re pairing it with protein, then yeah the protein will blunt your hunger. Chocolate/carbs though? Lord have mercy.