"For all my ballers, all my day crawlers.." 15 years later, Jim Jones Hustlers POME is a classic

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
"You never knew what it took to get here!"
Jim's crowning moment.. from Cam's sidekick that didn't rap, to star in his own right.

from the moment you heard Jim's voice and the beat kick in on the Intro you knew you were in for a ride.
(speaking of rides, take a ride in the Day In The Fast Lane dvd)

a culmination of what Jim had been making in the previous four years into one cohesive album.

the production felt bigger, he tightened his delivery up, the adlib's were almost as import as the lyrics, Pin The Tail is one of the last times we heard that perfect Dipset chemistry, Ballin was the biggest rap song of the year, on Weather Man we had Dipset Weezy and a strong showing from Stack in what was supposed to be his arrival verse on a single, Rell crooning beautifully on Don't Push Me Away and again on Concrete Jungle, Hell Rell verse on Pour Wax was hard

and then you've got Max, sprinkled all over this like the finest truffle.

Max sounds amazing on this, hearing him properly engineered is just lovely.
hearing Max sounding so crisp on here and beats that feel as big as they do on here show what we missed.

shout out to Capo, managing to drop a classic group mixtape and a classic album in the same year os not for everybody.

Last edited: