Forbes releases NBA team Values Knicks 1 Lakers 2

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
What are the real numbers breh?
No idea, it was just for years franchises sold for double and triple the Forbes' valuations. Right around the time the last CBA was signed teams started selling for crazy amounts. I think the 76ers was the last team that sold for anywhere near close to the Forbes value.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
No idea, it was just for years franchises sold for double and triple the Forbes' valuations. Right around the time the last CBA was signed teams started selling for crazy amounts. I think the 76ers was the last team that sold for anywhere near close to the Forbes value.
What you spent to buy a team doesn't mean that's what they're worth. It just means you either overpaid or underpaid for it.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
What you spent to buy a team doesn't mean that's what they're worth. It just means you either overpaid or underpaid for it.
If that was the case with only one team then yes that would be true. But if every team is selling for a lot more than their projected worth than that projected worth was wrong.

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Damn, Michael Jordan won yet again, franchise is worth almost 5x as much as what he paid.

Everyone that got a team recently won because they're just going to continue to go up in value.

I also feel like if any of those top 4 teams sold it would be a lot more than what they're listed at as of now. clippers sold for 2 billion, I'd assume it take at least 3 to get the lakers, not just 2.7. knicks could go for 4. Bidding wars happen when teams in those types of markets go up for sale.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Wait, let me get this straight. Lacob and Co. bought the Warriors for $450 mill :ohhh:

:mindblown:

Somebody :ufdup:

So in essence...if I won that powerball sum solo and took the lump sum, I would got around $494 mil after taxes. Da fuk...

And when they open up the new arena on the bay in SF it's gonna rise to top 4 status easy. If they win another ship before it opens they are passing the Bulls easy with the new arena

Somebody :win:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn, Michael Jordan won yet again, franchise is worth almost 5x as much as what he paid.

Yep and that is why I was laughing at kats on here talking about but but but MJ had to take on debt that the team had. I was like fools every time you buy a team you have to take on the debt. shyt like buying a foreclosure house and their is a water lien that you have to pay as part of the deal for the house. But shyt don't matter if it is a good deal.

Hell I can't stand Bob Johnson on how he sold BET. But I will always give him credit for selling the team and giving MJ a hook up on the cost. Especially after MJ ran around the whole league trying to buy a team and them white owners kept shutting the door in his face over and over again.