Former ‘Grey’s Anatomy Star Jesse Williams Get Child Support Payment to Ex Aryan Drake-Lee Permanently Lowered

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Jesse Williams recently scored a massive win in his bitter child support battle with his ex-wife Aryn Drake-Lee after a judge decided to lower the actor’s payment to a little over $6,000 a month. The decision comes after the former “Grey’s Anatomy star” requested the amount be reduced by more than $30,000 following his exit from the hit ABC show.

:wow:

According to legal documents obtained by RadarOnline.com, the 41-year-old and the real estate broker appeared in front of a court judge on Tuesday, Sept. 6, for a hearing on child support.

GettyImages-82096662-1503x2048.jpg

The outlet reported that before taking the stand, folks were asked to leave, and the judge announced that he would lower the actor’s child support payments to $6,146 per month when he is in town and has custody of his two kids. When the “Station 19” actor is away, he is ordered to pay Drake-Lee a total of $7,953.

Last April, a judge agreed to temporarily lower the star’s installments to $6,413, a significant drop from the $40,000 he was obligated to pay monthly for his two children, 8-year-old daughter Sadie and 6-year-old son Maceo.

In a letter filed by the seasoned Hollywood star, Williams claimed he was not making as much since leaving the drama series. However, he also accused his former partner of investing the monthly payments into “failed or failing businesses while failing to seek gainful employment despite having an Ivy League degree, speaking three languages, and having a wealth of competitive real estate experience.”

He continued, “non-income-producing experiments such as a restaurant, in June 2020, wellness and apothecary shops is contrary to our children’s best interests.”

He added, “I am not trying to shirk my responsibility to support our children, but both parents have a duty to support the children, and Aryn has clearly refused to participate, insisting that I be entirely responsible.”

Williams and Drake-Lee met in New York City when the latter was still a school teacher. The pair ultimately tied the knot in 2017 but divorced five years later. The separation was finalized in October 2020.

Maquina

Banned
Daps
more than fair - glad the legal system working. I know there's some fatherless posters who will come in here with their angry takes but in the real world both parents share equal responsibility and both should be setting themselves up as role models to their children. Meaning both parents should work and bring income in to take care of the kids.

what she was allegedly doing is what some many women in these situations do, take the money not for the kids but to help live their lives and not have to work. It becomes a vicious circle because to maintain those payments the man will have to continuously work more and harder and see the kids less and less.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I think child support and alimony should be capped. Otherwise you have jilted ex wives and greedy lawyers trying to squeeze every last cent from male celebs. Laws weren't created for that purpose.

*On another note, have always found something very sexy about his ex.

Last edited:

King Poetic

Most Hated
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Near The Lakes
No way no child support should be $40,000 a month for anybody regardless of how much they have..

What a 8 and 5 year old need each month worth of 40k

and I see mother is a real estate broker…that child support money at least 30k is hitting mom pockets

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
She’s a cute chick but to me they didn’t seem like a fit together. With that said this a win for common sense. 40K a month was ridiculous.