Founder of African American museum found dead in the trunk of her own car: SUSPECT ARRESTED

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Founder of African American museum found dead in trunk of car

According to officials with the Baton Rouge Police Department, Sadie Roberts-Joseph, 75, was found at roughly 3:45 p.m. on Friday, July 12. Joseph is the founder of non-profit Odell S. Williams Now & Then Museum of African American History.
:francis:

edit:

Man arrested in murder of founder of African American museum in Louisiana

A former tenant of the founder of an African American history museum in Louisiana was charged Tuesday with her murder, authorities said.

Ronn Jermaine Bell, 38, was arrested for allegedly killing Sadie Roberts-Joseph, who was found dead in the trunk of her car on Friday, Baton Rouge police announced. He was charged with first degree murder.

A preliminary autopsy conducted by the East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner's Office showed Roberts-Joseph, 75, died of traumatic asphyxia.

Police said they did not have a motive yet in the case, but that Bell was a tenant in one of Roberts-Joseph's rental houses and was several months behind on his rent.

Last edited:
Daps

EOSBMGTSSBC73KCZ7Y47I2REAY.jpg

Baton Rouge police are investigating the death of African American museum founder Sadie Roberts Joseph, whose body was found in a trunk of a car.

By Samantha Morgan | July 13, 2019 at 6:41 AM CDT - Updated July 13 at 1:11 PM
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - An icon of the Baton Rouge community was found dead in the trunk of a car Friday afternoon. The cause of her death is unknown as this time.

According to officials with the Baton Rouge Police Department, Sadie Roberts-Joseph, 75, was found at roughly 3:45 p.m. on Friday, July 12. Joseph is the founder of non-profit Odell S. Williams Now & Then Museum of African American History.

My heart is empty... as I learned last night that Ms. Sadie Roberts Joseph was found murdered! This woman was amazing...

Posted by C. Denise Marcelle on Saturday, July 13, 2019
The car was found in the 2300 block of North 20th Street, which is located off I-110 near Choctaw.

Officials did not say how she was discovered.

Ms. Sadie was a tireless advocate of peace in the community. We had opportunities to work with her on so many levels. From assisting with her bicycle giveaway at the African Americcan Museum to working with the organization she started called CADAV (Community Against Drugs and Violence). Ms. Sadie is a treasure to our community. She will be missed by BRPD and her loss will be felt in the community she served.

Joseph’s home is located on Kaufman Street, which is roughly 3.5 miles from where her body was found.

The East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner’s Office will conduct an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.

If you know anything about this case, contact Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867 (STOP).