Free Airwatch class on Udemy. Any experienced IT brehs get in here.

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Massive BUMP...

So our 'free' MDM is EOL on March 1st. Based solely on price we are migrating from that to JAMF cloud (we are a iOS shop, not doing byod... yet) 200+ devices to be touched in less than 20 days (15 since im going on vacay).

Don't have a clue how 1.5 people are gonna manage to do that.
How is this going? There was talk about getting Jamf at my job, but they've put it on the back burner for now.

I'm a month into my current job. I was excited before I started the position because they had mentioned getting Jamf in the interview and I really wanted to learn it for future job prospects. Without it, my job seems like "baby's first IT job." The environment is all mac, but I have no way of deploying software or even knowing the age and specs of anyone's machine. And now I have to deploy anti virus software to 150 machines.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:francis: I wish 1 of y'all in this thread would have explained or spelled out what this AirWatch shyt the OP was talking about is. When I originally read through this thread last Fall I had no idea what it was & was lost.

I've been studying for the MTA Cloud cert the last week & half, so I now understand that MDM is Mobile Device Management. Someone should've mentioned that AirWatch was software for managing mobile devices in a corporate/enterprise environment.

Is Microsoft Intune a popular MDM solution? I've never seen anybody ever mention it in the main IT thread.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is this going? There was talk about getting Jamf at my job, but they've put it on the back burner for now.

I'm a month into my current job. I was excited before I started the position because they had mentioned getting Jamf in the interview and I really wanted to learn it for future job prospects. Without it, my job seems like "baby's first IT job." The environment is all mac, but I have no way of deploying software or even knowing the age and specs of anyone's machine. And now I have to deploy anti virus software to 150 machines.

So far actually quite well. I did quite of bit of crosschecking with serials and DEP since we not only moving stuff into JAMF but into DEP (Which is a SUPER PITA and not 100% reliable, but offer a greater level of control and security) so because of all that we've managed to migrate about 100 devices in the span of three weeks (90 with me, 10 w/out).

Ok MAC administration, JAMF will save you a TON of time, but is a beast to setup. Look into filewave (as a JAMF alternative, may support mac and iOS devices). Apple remote desktop can do a LOT of things including deploying SW and scripts remotely too. What kind of AV you trying to deploy?

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So far actually quite well. I did quite of bit of crosschecking with serials and DEP since we not only moving stuff into JAMF but into DEP (Which is a SUPER PITA and not 100% reliable, but offer a greater level of control and security) so because of all that we've managed to migrate about 100 devices in the span of three weeks (90 with me, 10 w/out).

Ok MAC administration, JAMF will save you a TON of time, but is a beast to setup. Look into filewave (as a JAMF alternative, may support mac and iOS devices). Apple remote desktop can do a LOT of things including deploying SW and scripts remotely too. What kind of AV you trying to deploy?
Sophos for AV. The IT guy before me purchased it and no one knew. I just happened to find out when I was looking through his email account. Dude left in either September or October and the office manager was doing his job. But the office manager doesn't really know anything

My problem is that I don't know if the job's leading anywhere. My major projects are getting the onboarding\offboarding to run smoothly and closing out old accounts.

There's also a plan to implement SSO at some point which would be cool, but other than that :ld:

I'm tired of working jobs where I'm the only person in my role. I don't know how good or bad I am because I've got no one to compare myself to. And I think I'm just tired of desktop support in general.