Free NY Suny and CUNY college tuition has been approved for Fall 2017!!

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
This is huge for any brehs looking for a way to get in school:ohhh::ohhh:
Why New York's 'tuition-free' colleges will still cost $14,000
but you will have to pay room and board by yourself:umad:
New York set to become first state to offer free college tuition under new deal
main reqs are your parents or spouse makes less then 100k a year,a residence of NYC for 2 years, and be a full time student.
i go to a private school and this dont apply to me
giphy.gif

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Sigh more inflation of worthless degrees that still won't translate into a job to fulfill the skills gap. I hope these NY schools really clamp down and make the material more competitive to weed out more students. I'm bout to graduate from a CUNY next month and I got a little hate in my heart over this.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Sigh more inflation of worthless degrees that still won't translate into a job to fulfill the skills gap. I hope these NY schools really clamp down and make the material more competitive to weed out more students. I'm bout to graduate from a CUNY next month and I got a little hate in my heart over this.
Yeah fall 2017 Gunna have alot of new people:francis:

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
You should change the title because it's NY state completely. Not just NYC. And its for all SUNY and CUNY schools.

I can't believe it passed. When the Governor first proposed it in January I thought there was no way Congress would approve it. He's a legend for this.

New York just got a massive W.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Oh, yeah and you can pretty much kiss enrollment in private universities goodbye for the most part. The rich will still enroll there since the limit for SUNY/CUNY schools is like $100-125K in income. Won't be surprised if some are closed in 10 years. That's the only downside but idc.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
main reqs are your parents or spouse makes less then 100k a year,a residence of NYC for 2 years, and be a full time student.
giphy.gif

How!?!?!?!? Whose going to be paying that tuition bill if It's staying the same :dwillhuh:?

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Make sure yall read the fine print niccas. :usure: aint nothing free when u're living inside of a business
They have requirements

1.your parents make less then 100k
2.you a NY resident
3.you have to be a full time student
4. After you graduate let's say you use that scholarship to pay 5 years of school.... You have to work in NYC for the same amount years you used the aid,so you'll work in NYC for 5years.
5.If you leave the state to work elsewhere under the 5year mark. It will turn to a loan

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
giphy.gif
There are multiple states offering free tuition already. Lottery money for everybody and Native American scholarships for natives.

The states usually only offer it to residents, which is why illegals taking up spots is a sore point with citizens who are already pissed off they have to pay out of state rates while illegals pay in state. Now illegals get free college.

Lottery money and treaty money.

What makes NY different that someone is claiming first?

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
There are multiple states offering free tuition already. Lottery money for everybody and Native American scholarships for natives.

The states usually only offer it to residents, which is why illegals taking up spots is a sore point with citizens who are already pissed off they have to pay out of state rates while illegals pay in state. Now illegals get free college.

Lottery money and treaty money.

What makes NY different that someone is claiming first?
Well I live in NY so this is big news for me:yeshrug: