Future Sells Publishing Catalog to Influence Media Partners

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

Influence Media Partners has acquired Grammy-winning Future’s publishing catalog from 2004 to 2020, the company announced. The prolific rapper’s work from those years spans 612 titles, including titles with frequent collaborator Drake (“Life Is Good,” “Jumpman”), Kendrick Lamar (“King’s Dead”), Rihanna (“Selfish”), and the Weeknd (“Low Life”) and his own solo hits like “Mask Off.”

A source close to the situation tells Variety the deal was in the “high eight figures.”

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only up to 2020? Interesting. I don't recall any of the other deals mentioning the sale only covering a certain timeframe.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yep

someone knows something we dont
Nah they just cashing out on future (don’t ask me how) lifetime earnings on they catalog for a lump right now. Smart. Plus this is only up to 2020, everything from then and on is all his, plus he can make new hits and run the same play again in a couple years :ehh:

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Nah they just cashing out on future (don’t ask me how) lifetime earnings on they catalog for a lump right now. Smart. Plus this is only up to 2020, everything from then and on is all his, plus he can make new hits and run the same play again in a couple years :ehh:

That Ashanti shyt? re-record the old records?

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps

hysterical-laughter.gif

dude is definition of tmz hiphop era, where its just image music-videos and scandal.

anyone bumping and buying his records wear dresses. thats women and the fakkits living vicariously.