Garcia Vs. Judah Tripleheader (Possibly @Barclays) Jan. 19

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Article Link - Garcia vs. Judah Tripleheader on Showtime, January 19

This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Golden Boy Promotions CEO, Richard Schaefer, has advised BoxingScene.com that a deal was finalized for Danny Garcia (25-0, 16 KOs) to make the second defense of his WBA/WBC junior welterweight titles against former two-division champion Zab Judah (42-7, 29 KOs) on January 19th.

Judah sat ringside last month, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, and watched Garcia secure a crushing one-punch knockout of Mexican legend Erik Morales in four rounds. Judah was last seen in March, dominating previously undefeated Vernon Paris and stopping him in the ninth round.

Garcia-Judah will headline a Showtime televised tripleheader, and Schaefer indicates the event may even become a quadrupleheader. WBO middleweight champion Peter Quillin (28-0, 20 KOs) will make the first defense of his title on the show. Quillin captured the title last month on the Garcia-Morales undercard, after dropping Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam (27-1, 17 KOs) six times to win a twelve round unanimous decision.

The venue has not been finalized, but Schaefer confirms that Golden Boy is holding the date with the Barclays Center.

"The deal has been finalized. It's going to be January 19th on Showtime. It's going to be part of a tripleheader, possibly a quadrupleheader, but for sure a tripleheader. Peter Quillin is going to be on the card as well. We are finalizing everything. I am holding the Barclays Center. I think anywhere [that fight] will be in the Tri-state area, it will do big numbers, but obviously my first choice is Barclays," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.