Geno Smith's Early Stats >> Drew Brees'

arXiv

Please pawg responsibly
Daps
Reppin
Other
The insane untapped potential of Giants backup QB Geno Smith - NY Daily News

"Had Brees not received another chance after finishing 2-9 in 2003 — he’d be Geno Smith and not a future Hall of Famer. If that alternate NFL reality troubles you, please read on with an open mind.

Brees soon received Hall-of-Fame help, but Smith’s on-field legacy has been judged by his 1-7 second year start to this very day. Forgotten, or never realized, was:

1. His remarkable rookie season.

2. The incredible misevaluation of that rookie season.

3. The impossible working conditions during his 1-7 second-year stretch.

4. The fact that he played most of his games without a starting-caliber receiver (No. 1 or 2).

Landon Collins, Janoris Jenkins respond to Ben McAdoo’s criticism

5. His 105.3 passer rating over his final four-game second-year stretch."

Can't post the whole article but it made me think. Basically if you include Smith's rushing statistics, he compares favorably with Drew at the beginning of his career.

Maybe there is another star black QB waiting in the wings? I'm rooting for him to be good.

Last edited:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
he had a lil hot streak that was crazy at west virginia too if i remember right he might be better than some starters

hold on geno get those checks for as long as you can don't let em run you out the building

Mentch15

Banned
Daps
Actually, brees' 2002 season > anything Geno Smith has ever done up to now. And that's saying something because that was the 2nd worst season of Brees' career as a starter

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Who knows what Geno is or can be. It's damn near impossible for the Jets to field a good or decent offense or develop a QB. He did himself no favors by getting his jaw cracked in what could have been his breakout season.

I think he can be decent he showed flashes just needed consistency. Keenum might actually not be a bad comparison.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
This isn't a football argument. You know a lot without any evidence. Again,what makes Geno good and bad right now? What about Eli? Let's see if you know what you're talking about.
Well right now the good news is he only has 2 incomplete passes on the year :ehh: the bad news is he's only thrown 2 passes all year :heh: so you don't know what he is either.

arXiv

Please pawg responsibly
Daps
Reppin
Other
If Eli is gone next season, will Geno get a shot or will they bring in some rookie white boy in the draft?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Where was this article when he was still on the Jets?:rudy:The way he was treated by that team and a segment of its fans is why I'm happy they're winning meaningless games with yet another journeyman QB and pushing themselves further out of draft range for a possible franchise guy.

horizon

Superstar
Daps
Brees wasn't "given" a chance though. Rivers was drafted right after that season and would've started if the Chargers didn't making signing their 1st round picks a huge obstacle.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
When you are black quarterback in the NFL what you do early in your career is what they are going to judge you on for the rest of it. Not right but that's the shyt they do instead of giving some of these cats like Geno a legit second chance.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
That's the point. Nobody knows what he is. So why not find out?

Cause that's not how it works with veteran QBs who've been with 1 team for forever. Youve seen Any Given Sunday, Eli would have to get injured for Geno to get a shot. He'd be set up to fail even if he did go in the game to play. They're trash and from what I've seen of him with the jets he's not good enough to win them any games.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Cause that's not how it works with veteran QBs who've been with 1 team for forever. Youve seen Any Given Sunday, Eli would have to get injured for Geno to get a shot. He'd be set up to fail even if he did go in the game to play. They're trash and from what I've seen of him with the jets he's not good enough to win them any games.

Didn't mean right now, but next season he should at least be "competing" for the job in NY or somewhere else