Gentrification changed my hometown so much it's almost unrecognizable

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was driving through the Wilert Park area in Buffalo NY and it's so different
Jefferson and Main Street. They build this new medical campus and the hood is like a ghost town. Nobody is outside. No kids playing, parks are empty. U only see a old ppl.

I drove by the Perry projects and top half is abandoned. The second half is dead
U don't see kids outside in the court yard playing either.

Times r so different. The east of buffalo was lively back then. Violent as hell but lively nonetheless.

They're building bars, cafes and resturresta downtown plus new condos. Black people are being pushed out into the middle of nowhere , where there's no jobs, business or social spots. I see young black men walking aimlessly out there looking unkept.

Arabs are taking over different parts also. shyt is spooky. Real weird. It's like they hot the restart button and just got rid of black folks.

It's a good place to invest tho
I plan on buying cheap property and holding them. This place will be booming in a decade. It's being rebuild into a hotspot city before my eyes. U gotta get it now tho

As for my ppl it's over for us here. If u can get out you're lucky if not you're going to die and I see many ppl die all of time including famikf. These brothers r fighting over what crumb r left.

It's like that song by Nas , nothing last forever. My childhood is being erased. I feel like I just came back from the past like the guy in Lupe song the cool . Everything is so unfamiliar.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Buafflo will never be a hotpot breh. It's going to be ugly when this real estate bubble pops and we go into another rescission.

Piri Tomas

All Star
Daps
Hard to imagine Buffalo gentrifying... the process only takes place when a city's population/economy are in expansion, not a state of permanent contraction. Renewal associated with a university isn't really gentrification so much as an institution buying up cheap property (often through eminent domain) that will likely remain relatively cheap.

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
I hear you dog. Every family reunion (basically yearly) afterwards there's ONE bar/carribean restaurant I go to because it seems like the only bar left for "us" down there (and the jerk wings and 10 dollar mug drinks are fire)

I went a few weeks ago, and the first thing i see is 2 colonizers sitting in the middle table big as day. Brooklyn is gone dog...

On a good note, I did use the opportunity (once I got a seat) to use it in a convo to kick it with a really woke half black-latina with some of the biggest titties id ever seen. :wow:

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
I think people are exaggerating when they talk about gentrification like :comeon: how many rich people are there? I understand large cities like nyc, chicago etc but u got peple sayin " man they gentrifying biloxi mississippi:francis:"
Biloxi has plenty millionaires breh :stopitslime:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
I hear you dog. Every family reunion (basically yearly) afterwards there's ONE bar/carribean restaurant I go to because it seems like the only bar left for "us" down there (and the jerk wings and 10 dollar mug drinks are fire)

I went a few weeks ago, and the first thing i see is 2 colonizers sitting in the middle table big as day. Brooklyn is gone dog...

On a good note, I did use the opportunity (once I got a seat) to use it in a convo to kick it with a really woke half black-latina with some of the biggest titties id ever seen. :wow:

did you hit or nah pleighboi

:birdman:

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do alot of cacs live in buffalo.

It seem like its way far from nyc
yeah...of course but mostly suburbs ...blacks are heavily concentrated on the east in the inner city

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Buafflo will never be a hotpot breh. It's going to be ugly when this real estate bubble pops and we go into another rescission.
highly disagree...I think it could be the next big hipster town...it'll be like a poor mans Portland or Austin