Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
$160,935,180 – $0.00 George Clinton and his songwriters shutout of Straight Outta Compton for another week. (updated Oct. 15)
Oct 15, 2015
Straight Outta Compton - $160,935,180George Clinton and his songwriters - $0.00If you have seen the Straight Outta Compton movie, then you have heardGeorge Clinton’s music and that of his fellow songwriters and musicians in the bands Parliament and Funkadelic.If you are like me, you will be shocked, dismayed and bummed to learn that Mr. Clinton, his fellow songwriters, including the children and heirs of those who have passed away, are being shut-out of all royalties, compensation and financial credit for their labor related to this movie.Unfortunately this situation is part of what many are calling “an on-going, systematic fraud of the US Copyright Office by record company executives, their lawyers and accountants” and impacts literally hundreds of others.In April 2013, FLASHLIGHT2013 filed a whistleblower case with the Department of Justice focusing on this issue and the “potential” collusion and/or RICO activity of Armen Boladian, Executives at Universal Music Group. BMI and others,…and some of their accountants and lawyers too.We are not sure of the facts yet and we can not say for certain what we have uncovered is indeed fraud at the highest level. But we are certain an investigation by the F.B.I. is the only way to get to the facts, which we conservatively estimate has cost the US Taxpayer and the Musicians/Songwriters over $76.5 million.What do we need you to do? HELP US FIGHT! We are up against very well-financed, high-powered, intellectually superior but morally corrupt international companies that are “potentially” doing “this” to Mr. Clinton and hundreds of others including Sly Stone, Pat Lewis, and the heirs of David Pryor, Sugarfoot (Ohio Players) and Mr. Bo Diddley.If you would send this blog and our websitewww.flashlight2013.com to your friends, family and colleagues,…it will help us to get the facts out and raise the pressure for action.The Donate page on our website also has our MEET and GREET GEORGE CLINTON OFFER, T-shirts, links to the NEW FUNKADELIC ALBUMN and Mr. Clinton’s new AUTOBIOGRAPGHY “Brothas be Yo like George, Ain’t that Funkin Kindof Hard on You?”Since the summer of 2012 we have been fighting tirelessly to get George Clinton, his bandmates and songwriters, justice.Out of the over 170 albums they created, only 4 remain in their possession, and even those are getting little or no compensation.In a future blog I will share the story of how the guys at NWA called G and Archie one sunny day in L.A, in the 70s, and asked if it was cool to use their music….the rest became history,…and the present.peace,http://www.flashlight2013.comphil cenedellahuman rights advocatehttps://youtu.be/Y1J3C477jV0?list=PLJ8ulZbyFoq6n_3CNBkSExrYSz8ZouoaL

• To the bad guys: Comments above are protected by my U.S. Constitution 1stAmendment rights – see website for further details and legal stuff…and two questions for you: Who the hell is Belda Blaine? How can you sleep at night?

$160,935,180 – $0.00 George Clinton and his songwriters shutout of Straight Outta Compton for another week. (updated Oct. 15)

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
He deserves money but payment goes to who own the rights and masters. Those are the people that are morally obligated to GC and his bands. Not Dre or Cube or SOC directly. Trust me they paid their costs to the owners.

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
He deserves money but payment goes to who own the rights and masters. Those are the people that are morally obligated to GC and his bands. Not Dre or Cube or SOC directly. Trust me they paid their costs to the owners.
The backstory here is that George Clinton was apparently swindled out of his masters, by the same people that represented Marvin Gaye in the case against Robin Thicke and Pharrell

Last edited:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
The backstory here is that George Clinton was apparently swindled out of his masters, by the same people that represented James Brown in the case against Robin Thicke and Pharrell
Jb or Marvin Gaye?

Daps
Tldr:

But why should he get paid straight out of Compton (never seen the movie) was like 5 years before Dre was sampling his music for g funk

Maybe he should sue the green eyed bandit as well

I hate old musicians who try to get paid off hip hop

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
Tldr:

But why should he get paid straight out of Compton (never seen the movie) was like 5 years before Dre was sampling his music for g funk

Maybe he should sue the green eyed bandit as well

I hate old musicians who try to get paid off hip hop

why?? these dudes were literally loopin' their work for financial gain...why shouldn't they be compensated??

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
From my understanding GC contracts have been fukked up for years and he doesnt own any of his music to begin with. The record labels do. Him and UMG settled but he still doesnt own his masters but I think he can still sue. He did it to The Black Eye Peas back in 2009.
George Clinton, UMG Settle 5-Year-Old Royalties Suit - Law360

Daps
why?? these dudes were literally loopin' their work for financial gain...why shouldn't they be compensated??

Because no one or few care about these old musicans songs and they had their fame. They should give thanks for hip hop for trying to bring them back and put new heads up on their catalogs, instead of trying to come at every single producer because they're broke. These old fools don't even fukk with hip hop when hip hop is in a way is showing recognition to them

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I don't understand, should this company that owns the right to the movies make donations to GC or what the hell are people whining about? There's millions of people that could need a donation. The owners of Compton probably paid a good buck for the music, the fact that cats didn't handle their business can't be their responsibility. I mean yea donating money to poor people is one thing but funding fairly rich people cause they didn't handle their business right :jbhmm::ufdup::camby::yeshrug: