Georgia Department of Health under fire for errors in coronavirus data

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Georgia Department of Health under fire for errors in coronavirus data

The Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) has apologized for a recent error in its official coronavirus data.

WABE reports that a data processing error mistakenly showed a decline in the number of coronavirus cases during the weekend.

The DPH had mistakenly included 231 antibody tests among the positive cases.

Unlike explicitly positive test results for the virus, coronavirus antibody tests measure whether or not a patient has been exposed to the virus or has had the virus in the past.

The state health department told WABE reporters via email that coronavirus test results are sent to them through the electronic laboratory reporting system (ELR) in the State Electronic Notifiable Disease Surveillance System (SendSS). Through this software, the DPH is receiving data from 127 health care facilities and labs.

Despite the public acknowledgement from DPH officials, some are concerned the data is intentionally being manipulated to look better as a way to justify Gov. Brian Kemp’s (R) decision to reopen the state economy.

“I have a hard time understanding how this happens without it being deliberate,” State Rep. Jasmine Clark, formerly a microbiologist, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Literally nowhere ever in any type of statistics would that be acceptable.”

A spokesperson for Kemp said that the office of the governor does not have a hand in selecting what data is published by the DPH.

“We are not selecting data and telling them how to portray it, although we do provide information about constituent complaints, check it for accuracy, and push them to provide more information if it is possible to do so,” said the spokesperson.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
WABE reports that a data processing error mistakenly showed a decline in the number of coronavirus cases during the weekend.

“mistakenly” :unimpressed:

As a result of the error, COVID-19 cases in Georgia suddenly decreased between reporting periods as officials realized their error.

It’s not the first error in Georgia’s reporting. Gov. Brian Kemp’s issued an apology last week after DPH released a graph that appeared to show cases in the most affected counties dropping every day for two weeks. That misleading impression was caused by reordering dates on the chart.

"mistakenly" :mjlol:

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I've been trying to figure out where the disconnect and lies are originating from.

Is it Doctors Hospital in Augusta (using them as an example because I know, unequivocally, that their posted numbers are false) that is cooking books? Is it DPH? Is it the media outlets?

There is an argument to be made that each entity can benefit from lying about the numbers. I'd just like to know what's real.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been trying to figure out where the disconnect and lies are originating from.

Is it Doctors Hospital in Augusta (using them as an example because I know, unequivocally, that their posted numbers are false) that is cooking books? Is it DPH? Is it the media outlets?

There is an argument to be made that each entity can benefit from lying about the numbers. I'd just like to know what's real.

Sometimes thats all you really need to know..

Next year, you'll know exactly who benefited.. Especially when those vaccinations roll out..

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I'm so surprised :unimpressed:

Crazy the places that keeps getting caught faking numbers just happen to be the first two to open. Who couldve seen that happening? Well Trump already said if there's a second wave he's not closing shyt