Get Shorty - TV Series (EPIX)

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
2-14-600x337.png

So I don't know if anyone here in the film room is watching this show, but it's based off the Elmore Leonard book and really stands out as its own thing away from the movies "Get Shorty" and "Be Cool."

It's got Hollywood fukkery and cartel fukkery rolled into the present day and lord knows this shyt is funny as hell. I honestly can't remember the last crime comedy I've seen on television. Chris O'Dowd is rocking this shyt and Ray Romano is much better here than Vinyl (if you ever saw Men of A Certain Age, you know Romano has skills).

Just wanted to see if anyone else has peeped this. It's already been renewed for season 2 by EPIX (owned by MGM now).

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I just read a review of S2 on THR and it sounds like this might be a sleeper.

Will try and watch soon and check back in on the thread.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I fuxed with this show heavy last season and posted about it a couple of times.

Episode 1 of the new season is up on the epix site right now to stream for free.

shyt's funny as hell - not quite as grimly funny as Fargo or Better Call Saul, but it's still pretty dark.

Definitely worth a watch

Mr. McDowell

Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Four episodes in to season 2 and the fukkery just don't stop. This just may be my favorite show on television.

Mr. McDowell

Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
I feel like no one has EPIX. Anyway, this has officially become my favorite show on television. I guess it helps that I work in LA, but damn if this show isn't engaging as all hell. I always hate when an episode finishes.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I don't have EPIX and I couldn't... "find" the entire 1st Season but I really wanna watch this.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Last edited: