Ghana launches Beyond the Return' initiative: "Come to Ghana if you're not wanted in USA"

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
65202043151-j5fqi7t2gb-94397233.jpg

The Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture has invited African Americans to re-settle in Ghana if they feel unwanted in the USA.

She said at a collaboration with the Ghana Tourism Authority, Office of Diaspora Affairs and the Diaspora African Forum to organised a memorial and wreath-laying ceremony at the W. E. B. Du Bois Memorial Centre for Pan-African Culture in honour of George Floyd.

The late George Floyd was an African American who was “gruesomely killed” by a white American police officer in the USA on 25 May 2020.

Speaking at the ceremony on Friday, 5 May 2020, Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Barbara Oteng-Gyasi expressed the hope that the death of Mr Floyd will put an end to racism, not only in the US but across the globe.

Racism in America continues to be a deadly pandemic, for which for more than 400 years now, our brothers and sisters in the United States of America have yearned for a cure. George Floyd was not the first black person to use the phrase ‘I can’t breathe’... The present situation we face today in the year 2020 with the death of George Floyd is going to result in change… One who condones evil is just as evil as the one who perpetrates it. That is why it is right not only for Chauvin to be charged but all his accomplices who, together, [killed George Floyd],” Ms Oteng-Gyasi said.

She continued: “We gather in solidarity with brothers and sisters to change the status quo. Racism must end. We pray and hope that George Floyd's death will not be in vain but will bring an end to prejudice and racial discrimination across the world.”

Ghana, last year, opened up the country to receive Africans in the diaspora through a government initiative called the Year of Return. Thousands of African Americans and blacks from other countries visited the country.

This year, the government has launched the “Beyond the Return” initiative to help Africans in the diaspora to settle in Ghana and invest in the economy.

To this end, Ms Oteng-Gyasi noted that Ghana is ready to welcome every African in the diaspora who is ready to return to the continent away from the racial abuse they have suffered for about 400 years.

We continue to open our arms and invite all our brothers and sisters home. Ghana is your home. Africa is your home. We have our arms wide open ready to welcome you home. Please take advantage, come home build a life in Ghana, you do not have to stay where you are not wanted forever, you have a choice and Africa is waiting for you,” said Ms Oteng-Gyasi.

The death of George Floyd, who told the white cop he could not breathe while he knelt on his neck, has sparked protests across the US for the past 10 days.

The white officer David Chauvin has since been arrested and charged with 3rd-degree murder and manslaughter.

The other three officers who did not intervene and also held Floyd down when their colleague had his knee on his neck, J Alexander Kueng, Thomas K. Lane and Tou Thao have also been arrested and charged with aiding and abetting murder.

Come To Ghana If You’re Not Wanted In USA – Tourism Minister To African Americans As They Lay Wreath For George Floyd

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
From the website:

About ‘Beyond The Return’
Beyond the Return” is a follow-up to the successful “Year Of Return” #YearOfReturn, Ghana 2019’ campaign which commemorated the 400th Anniversary of the arrival of the first recorded enslaved Africans in Jamestown Virginia in 1619. The landmark campaign also celebrated the resilience of the African over the past 400 years and welcomed all people of African origin to return to Africa especially Ghana.

Beyond the Return – is a 10-year project under the theme, “A decade of African Renaissance – 2020-2030” and will be built on 7 pillars.

It will provide a platform for engagements among the people of African descent, wherever they may currently be living.
The project and its pillars will be officially unveiled in June 2020.

7 PILLARS
  1. EXPERIENCE GHANA - Explore Ghana, the land of rich culture, re-live your history through our heritage, feel the warmth and rhythm. Discover where nature is still pure and warmth flows easily. Akwaaba! discover yourself.
  2. INVEST IN GHANA - Ghana, the fastest growing economy in the world in 2019 is an established business destination for investors with a progressive government transparent regulations and a dynamic private sector ready for partnerships.
  3. PATHWAYS TO GHANA - This pillar will see to the adoption of legal and policy frameworks on visa acquisition (e-visa) and the institution of a diaspora visa. It will facilitate key diaspora pathway programs such as Citizenship programs, Educational and work exchanges, Residence and work permits
  4. CELEBRATE GHANA - Create a sense of national consciousness anchored on key cultural festivals, media programs, adoption of contemporary festivals unto the national calendar and promotion of domestic tourism
  5. BRAND GHANA - Promote Ghana as a leading tourism destination and a hub for the African renaissance. Craft a new narrative on Ghana and strategically promote to the world.
  6. GIVE BACK TO GHANA - Foster a new sense of community service and giving that will create ongoing legacies for the project. Service areas will include tree planting, community clean-ups, adoption of certain community impact projects
  7. IMPROVE TOURISM AND HERITAGE ASSETS - This pillar will focus on developing pilgrimage infrastructure around sites of memory. The developments will target sites beyond the highly frequented sites of Cape Coast and Elmina Dungeons such as the Salaga Slave market in the Northern Region, Pikworo Slave camp in the Upper East Region Assin Praso in the Central Region, all of which are essential parts of the history of slavery in Ghana.
Visit Ghana | Beyond The Return

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Sometimes I wonder what my mental wellbeing would be like if I was living and surrounded by only black people everyday
:blessed:

I wish Africa had one currency so we could really unite and tell these other countries to fukk off and stop trying to use our culture for their own profit

Shout out to Ghana, I wish Nigeria could do better but that's a whole different thread

Slam

Pro
Daps
This will require BILLIONS in PR. To convince average black American that they can build a home there.

First they need to realise this is NOT about them. It will be extremely difficult for them to settle in and shake the traumas of America.

But their offspring will be the spark of change, they will have different struggles but not condemned because of their skin.

Last edited:

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sometimes I wonder what my mental wellbeing would be like if I was living and surrounded by only black people everyday
:blessed:

I wish Africa had one currency so we could really unite and tell these other countries to fukk off and stop trying to use our culture for their own profit

Shout out to Ghana, I wish Nigeria could do better but that's a whole different thread

Africa's metro/cities areas are not only black people

Just saying.

Anyway, there's less stress there.