Gibbs, Curren$y, and Alchemist workin on something

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:lolbron: Thanks for this. I can't tell it's gonna be funny right of the bat with this guy purposely mispronouncing his name.

I think the first dude likes it, then everyone else goes in pretty hard. I remember they interviewed Alchemist later on and he was even cracking up about the review. He said Domo was pissed about it.

:skip:

Daps
Reppin
NY
Can anyone confirm the rumor of Gibbs actually having a full EP/tape produced by Alc. (roughly around the same time 'Covert Coup' was recorded/released)?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Can anyone confirm the rumor of Gibbs actually having a full EP/tape produced by Alc. (roughly around the same time 'Covert Coup' was recorded/released)?
I've spoken on this before, but I can't find the link. It was/is called Devil's Palace. Basically, there's 2 sides/conflicting stories. I've heard both stories from people I trust, and Gibbs has said 2 opposite things in different interviews. one story is that it was done entirely in 2010/2011 and will probably never come out. The other side is that a couple things were recorded for it, but it was never finished.

Now that Gibbs got all that acclaim from working with Madlib, Cocaine Pinata is pretty much an easy call for album of the year, all that good stuff...and Gibbs has a history of making dope music with ALC, so hopefully something will happen.

At the same time, I heard Gibbs is focused on a solo with production from a lot of different people, including Madlib and ALC. Who knows.