AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk it, I'm gonna make a bad media takes thread. I don't even care if nobody else responds to it. There's enough bad takes in the media that this thread will go platinum regardless.

This was a piece from CNN New Day this morning about a family that couldn't afford the high costs of milk due to high inflation:

The segment was universally shytted on because of basic questions it brought up, like, "Why is this family buying 12 gallons of milk every week?" "Where were they getting milk for only $1.99 when it hasn't been that cheap since the Bush administration?" "Why was there no mention of the child tax credit, which should have been more than enough to alleviate the costs?" "Why don't they just shop in bulk at Sam's or Costco since they have such a large family?"

Brianna Keilar didn't take kindly to these kinds of basic questions about her ridiculous piece, so she spent the rest of the morning juelzing about it on Twitter:

Lashing out at a commenter noting the ridiculousness of this story, even for such a large family.

The child tax credit was 'so essential' and they were 'so grateful' for it that it was never even mentioned once in the piece.

Having to resort to talking about coupons and sales that were never mentioned in the piece.

Digging in on the coupons and deal days that were never mentioned.

I guess she just gave up at this point. :yeshrug:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If they wanted a story on inflation, why not ask a random person how its impacted their commuting costs, or ask what their average dinner costs vs a year ago?

Instead they ask a family of 9 that consumes 48 gallons of milk a month (:wtf:), about their rising milk costs. And then to double down on the ridiculousness...:snoop:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This was a piece from CNN New Day this morning about a family that couldn't afford the high costs of milk due to high inflation:

CItations Needed newsbriefs stay doing this :russ:

Look at the Walgreens closing in San Francisco story.

If they wanted a story on inflation, why not ask a random person how its impacted their commuting costs, or ask what their average dinner costs vs a year ago?

Instead they ask a family of 9 that consumes 48 gallons of milk a month (:wtf:), about their rising milk costs. And then to double down on the ridiculousness...:snoop:

this is actually a potential gold mine thread

i just saw jake tapper actin a ass with three conservative white women a hour ago

This gon be good :russ:

Mainstream media is full of this trash on both sides. Especially McCNN’s :russ:

They're replaying the segment right now. :mjlol:

Mayonaise Keiler always has awful/dishonest takes, seeing people
shyt on her constantly on twitter in recent weeks has been great :pachaha:

Axios, Politico, Maggie H, and Chris Cillizza will be well represented in here.
BRUHHHHHHH...

Daps
at a certain number of gallons, the milk is an indulgence. i no longer feel sorry for you if you have a hard time affording 48 gallons of milk a month. and make the switch to almond milk; cows milk needs to be in moderation

Most of these Americans that get these types of spotlights from major networks complainants are typically about indulgence. Just look at how they write about these fat bytch ass cacs vs the way they write about homeless people, or people that live in places that have lead in the water issues like Flint

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
at a certain number of gallons, the milk is an indulgence. i no longer feel sorry for you if you have a hard time affording 48 gallons of milk a month. and make the switch to almond milk; cows milk needs to be in moderation
My girl got us on that oat milk. It actually is smooth I ain’t gonna lie to you

• Dap
Reactions: NZA