Google Fiber Is Losing Its Second CEO in Less Than a Year

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Google Fiber, the high-speed internet service operated by Alphabet, has lost its second CEO in less than a year. Gregory McCray is stepping down from the CEO job of Access, the Alphabet subsidiary that houses the Fiber unit, Google confirmed to Business Insider on Monday. The change is the latest shake-up at Access, which announced in October that it would stop rolling out its 1 gigabit per second wired broadband networks to new cities and focus on newer, wireless options, such as the Webpass wireless service it acquired last year. The Access group also had layoffs towards the end of 2016 and shifted hundreds of other employees to different units within Google earlier this year. Alphabet CEO Larry Page said in an emailed statement to Business Insider on Monday that the company is "committed to the success of Google Fiber" and was looking for new leader for the business.

http://www.businessinsider.com/greg...eo-of-google-fiber-company-access-2017-7?op=1

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
What is the deal with laying fiber? :mindblown: Seems like no company can get it right.
its expensive and fragile, but i imagine the headaches of fighting against already subsidized towns, areas with exclusive deals with other providers, adequately training contract workers, getting contract workers who can actually handle a task that large, as well as the requirements to provide x amount of free or subsidized service for low income/educational areas.

Kaguya

Dakishimetainoni
Daps
Reppin
SoFlo
I've been waiting so long for this to progress :mjcry: Do they even have this in Miami yet?

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
its expensive and fragile, but i imagine the headaches of fighting against already subsidized towns, areas with exclusive deals with other providers, adequately training contract workers, getting contract workers who can actually handle a task that large, as well as the requirements to provide x amount of free or subsidized service for low income/educational areas.
I believe the main headache to be the incumbents.

Mythical Truth

not ironically
Supporter
Daps
I've been waiting so long for this to progress :mjcry: Do they even have this in Miami yet?

Google Fiber has acquired other companies to operate at some locations and I think Miami is one of them.