Google Fiber Offering 2 Gigabit Internet Speeds

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I actually upgraded to fiber recently. Scamcast was charging me $70/mo for 75 down and like 4 up. Getting 940 down and up now:blessed:

I wish Google fiber was available in my city, only because the added competition would get these other companies to fix their pricing.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
awesome spy network, breh

remember to use a VPN

all carriers are spying:comeon:

whens the last time you seen a 404 page? those erroneous sites got redirected to ISP branded search results pages.

ISP's got beef with DNS over HTTPS since they won't be able to hijack your queries to sell ads alongside mediocre search results.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

whens the last time you seen a 404 page? those erronous sites got redirected to ISP branded search results pages.

ISP's got beef with DNS over HTTPS since they won't be able to hijack your queries to sell ads alongside mediocre search results.

I dont use AT&Ts DNS server in my router for my fiber service with them :unimpressed:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I have google fiber and they stay raising the damn prices. I pay over $200

theyll draw u in, and then raise the price a ridiculous amount after a year

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
I have google fiber and they stay raising the damn prices. I pay over $200

theyll draw u in, and then raise the price a ridiculous amount after a year
$200 a month? :picard:

I have Google Fiber for the internet only and it cost just $70 a month.

Are you fathered in their old cable package too?

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps

whens the last time you seen a 404 page? those erroneous sites got redirected to ISP branded search results pages.

of course all carriers are spying so it doesn't really make a difference if he uses a different isp.

i was just warning him

i wanted Google ISP too but i ended up getting a fiber connection from one of the major isp - everything is smooth - i have lot of direct ethernet ports as well so everything is wired.

Scaaar

All Star
Daps
Good all we need is for them to put the pressure on the larger ISPs then they lower their prices and we all eat :blessed:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Google Fiber is getting outrageously fast 20Gbps service​

For now this is early access, but "most" customers will get upgraded eventually.​

RON AMADEO - 10/26/2023, 1:56 PM

Google Fiber Labs brings quick internet to early adopters.
Enlarge / Google Fiber Labs brings quick internet to early adopters.

Google
172WITH

Google Fiber is still operating in a handful of cities, and now the bandwidth-rich are getting richer: Fiber plans to upgrade some users to outrageously fast 20Gbps service by the end of the year. Google's Wednesday blog post calls this part of a "GFiber Labs" experiment and says the service "will initially be available as an early access offering to a small group of GFiber customers in select areas."

The 20Gbps service is made possible by new networking gear: Nokia's 25G PON (passive optical network) technology, which lets Internet service providers push more bandwidth over existing fiber lines. Google says it's "one of the first" ISPs to adopt the technology for consumers, though at least one other US ISP, the Tennessee provider "EPB," has rolled out the technology. Customers will need new networking gear, too, and Google says you'll get a new fiber modem with built-in Wi-Fi 7.
Fierce Telecom spoke with Google's Nick Saporito, head of product at Google Fiber, who said, “We definitely see a need" for 20Gbps service. For now, Saporito says the service is "a very early adopter product," but it will eventually roll out "in most, if not all, of our markets."

According to that Fierce report, Fiber is built on Nokia's "Quillion" Fiber platform, which is upgradable, so Google only needed to "plug in a new optical module and replace the optical network terminal on the end-user side" to take its 5 and 8Gbps infrastructure to 20Gbps.

As always with Google Fiber, this is a symmetrical connection with 20Gbps down and up, so you can create content, like posting a YouTube video, in a flash. That's an incredible speed compared to most other ISPs. I live in a bandwidth desert ruled by the local broadband monopoly, Comcast, and this is 1,000 times more upload speed than the nearly 20Mbps upload Comcast will sell me.

There's no word yet on the price or which utopian Google Fiber cities will get access to the 20Gbps service, but Google has already run trials in Kansas City, Missouri. Currently, Google Fiber costs $70 for 1Gbps and $150 for 8Gbps. Interested customers can sign up for early access at this link.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
They're securing revenue by getting out ahead of what proposed legislation will demand of them anyway.

Pay for YouTube :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: