GORILLA NEMS:Murda Mook I Didn't Like The Sucka Sh!t You Did To Iron Solomon,I'm The Fighting Type..

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wonder why he's mad? :mjpls:

I doubt that he brought the battle up, but I haven't watched the interview. Obviously you guys see two cacs who did street style battle rap and pretty much just write it off as some cac's sticking together shyt. Honestly I'm not really mad at y'all, I can't be all that invested in random cac business :russ:

But having run around the same underground rap scenes as these guys, I know that Solomon has always shown Nems a lot of love & respect. Even going back to Math vs Solomon, Solomon was trying to avenge Nems loss to Math, and tried to flip an angle Math used.

First time I really heard Nems music was Iron Solomon passing out "Free Nems" mixtapes at EOW while dude was locked up.

I'm sure Nems regrets not being there on stage with Solomon for that battle. The loss wouldn't have been as ugly, cause Mook wouldn't have felt as comfortable flat out punking Solomon.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've never seen/heard of this Nems guy... is he a straight up CAC? He's throwing this "nikka" shyt around like he's proving a point. New York. :snoop:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never seen/heard of this Nems guy... is he a straight up CAC? He's throwing this "nikka" shyt around like he's proving a point. New York. :snoop:

Half Puerto Rican half Irish.

Nems is pretty much an OG to guys like Bigg K, Moneybagz & Cortez and tons of other white & latino "street battlers".

Mook name dropped Nems crew in one of his Smack battles "I'mma tell you like my Coney Island nyggas, Fukk Ya Life".

Plus Nems has legit songs with Sean Price & Ghostface.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

He's an old Fight Klub battler. Unless you from NY or follow Battle Rap from the freestyle era you probably wouldn't of heard/know him. Main reason being that the footage from Fight Klub is locked away accumulating dust in the viacom vault. So there are only a few bits and pieces out there.

The Battle that @wizworld mentioned in his post.

Last edited:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Dude using the N word too much and it makes me pissed tbh .

He's an old Fight Klub battler. Unless you from NY or follow Battle Rap from the freestyle era you probably wouldn't of heard/know him. Main reason being that the footage from Fight Klub is locked away accumulating dust in the viacom vault. So there are only a few bits and pieces out there.

The Battle that @wizworld mentioned in his post.

Wait, do you know why none of it was ever released? I never really knew the story behind that?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Dude using the N word too much and it makes me pissed tbh .
Wait, do you know why none of it was ever released? I never really knew the story behind that?

There is no official reason why footage has never been released, since the first DVD. Some have said it was down to a financial dispute and someone is owed money, who that someone is, never gets discussed. Others say International P who was the host, sold it to Viacom to make some quick money or that the majority of the footage has been destroyed or the footage isn't that great in terms of picture and sound quality, so why would you put it out?

Myself, I think it's either the footage is shytty or the most plausible reason. Knowing what Viacom/MTV are like and what we've seen with their ventures into Battle Rap in the past, everything is so micromanaged and how they bleeped out /disqualified people for swearing in the past freestyle tournaments they've previously held and the Monday Night Fight Klub DVD that was put out in 2005, apparently has the swearing edited/bleeped. (if someone has seen or has the DVD please confirm) I just don't see Viacom putting out a product in a) in its rawest form, swearing, talking about killing people etc and b) negative backlash/feedback from the different social groups, that will be easily offended and it isn't worth the hassle for a major Corp like Viacom to have a niche product like battle rap, fukk with their long term money and sponsors. Otherwise they would of put a couple of DVD's out to capitalize when the interest was there and when battle rap peaked in the early part of the decade (2011-2014). So it's easier to vault it and hope people forget about it all together. I do remember a Math interview saying did he paid for his Nems footage from Viacom/MTV.

Last edited:

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
There is no official reason why footage has never been released, since the first DVD. Some have said it was down to a financial dispute and someone is owed money, who that someone is, never gets discussed. Others say International P who was the host, sold it to Viacom to make some quick money or that the majority of the footage has been destroyed or the footage isn't that great in terms of picture and sound quality, so why would you put it out?

Myself, I think it's either the footage is shytty or the most plausible reason. Knowing what Viacom/MTV are like and what we've seen with their ventures into Battle Rap in the past, everything is so micromanaged and how they bleeped out /disqualified people for swearing in the past freestyle tournaments they've previously held and the Monday Night Fight Klub DVD that was put out in 2005, apparently has the swearing edited/bleeped. (if someone has seen or has the DVD please confirm) I just don't see Viacom putting out a product in a) in its rawest form, swearing, talking about killing people etc and b) negative backlash/feedback from the different social groups, that will be easily offended and it isn't worth the hassle for a major Corp like Viacom to have a niche product like battle rap, fukk with their long term money and sponsors. Otherwise they would of put a couple of DVD's out to capitalize when the interest was there and when battle rap peaked in the early part of the decade (2011-2014). So it's easier to vault it and hope people forget about it all together. I do remember a Math interview saying did he paid for his Nems footage from Viacom/MTV.
Dang, that sucks! Their missing out on some money sitting on it though but they are already making a lot of money if your theory on it is the case. With that said, thanks for the info man.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Dang, that sucks! Their missing out on some money sitting on it though but they are already making a lot of money if your theory on it is the case. With that said, thanks for the info man.
Whoever has the fight club footage has some gems. A lot of noteworthy dudes had battles that never saw the day. Serius/Math, Iron/Locksmith, Iron/ZM, Mook/Verse are some that definitely happened. Supposedly, all the major Smack rappers from the time (Iron, Mook, Rex, Hoffa, Serius) had multiple battles.

Something crazy like 10 each. Poison Pen's last battle was there, Sara Kana supposedly caught bodies. Oun P said he had 19, Nems has said he had like 30. Solomon, Mook, and Oun P have all said at different times they went undefeated. Reed saying he never took a loss in Fight Club got Reign Man mad because he got killed by someone. shyt, French Montana was on Fight Club.

I wish one of these damn bloggers would have been watching before 2013 so someone would ask one of these dudes in depth questions about the whole experience, what/who they saw etc

From what I've read throughout the years, and from what I know about the TV industry, seems like Viacom, or a production company working on their behalf, bankrolled Fight Club as a TV pitch, gave them money to film a seasons worth of battles, and then turned it over to MTV. MTV decided not to go forward with it, so it's locked up in the vault with the countless other TV shows and programs that will never see the light of day. There had to be a reasonable amount of money behind it, just off the strength of the name value they had and the amount of battles they all did. Also, no one complains about not being paid. That tells me there was a substantial amount of money up front.

The fact that they haven't deemed it viable to put on youtube at a later date is something else, but speaks to what @Kunty McPhuck said about content. If MTV puts out some hyper-violent, homophobic content with their name on it it's front page news.

It would be up to someone to buy the product off of them entirely.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Whoever has the fight club footage has some gems. A lot of noteworthy dudes had battles that never saw the day. Serius/Math, Iron/Locksmith, Iron/ZM, Mook/Verse are some that definitely happened. Supposedly, all the major Smack rappers from the time (Iron, Mook, Rex, Hoffa, Serius) had multiple battles.

Something crazy like 10 each. Poison Pen's last battle was there, Sara Kana supposedly caught bodies. Oun P said he had 19, Nems has said he had like 30. Solomon, Mook, and Oun P have all said at different times they went undefeated. Reed saying he never took a loss in Fight Club got Reign Man mad because he got killed by someone. shyt, French Montana was on Fight Club.

I wish one of these damn bloggers would have been watching before 2013 so someone would ask one of these dudes in depth questions about the whole experience, what/who they saw etc

From what I've read throughout the years, and from what I know about the TV industry, seems like Viacom, or a production company working on their behalf, bankrolled Fight Club as a TV pitch, gave them money to film a seasons worth of battles, and then turned it over to MTV. MTV decided not to go forward with it, so it's locked up in the vault with the countless other TV shows and programs that will never see the light of day. There had to be a reasonable amount of money behind it, just off the strength of the name value they had and the amount of battles they all did. Also, no one complains about not being paid. That tells me there was a substantial amount of money up front.

The fact that they haven't deemed it viable to put on youtube at a later date is something else, but speaks to what @Kunty McPhuck said about content. If MTV puts out some hyper-violent, homophobic content with their name on it it's front page news.

It would be up to someone to buy the product off of them entirely.
Damn well that sucks but thanks for the info man :francis:Appreciate it.