grand theft auto's radio being piff appreciation thread

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Back when GTA actually gave a shyt about what they put on the ingame radio.

GTA 3 - With MSX FM and DOUBLE Cleff FM with all that Operatic piff.
Vice City - having arguably the best all around music station with so much licensed piff and bomb ass in game commercials
San Andreas -
full
Chasing Dope couriers cross country on a bike while listening to Cypress Hill's - Just killed a man or the few times you found yourself listening to the country station and thought the song "Amos Moses" wasn't bad at all if you ain't into that sort.:ehh:

Liberty City Stories - With the Middle Eastern and Indian Piff:smugfavre:

Vice City Stories - With that 80's hair metal mixed in with some of that classic rock. Hall and Oates and Genesis?:krs: Plus the talk shows and The Time rangers had me pulling over the car and putting down the controller just to listen to this shyt.

..............and then you have GTA 4 and 5 which just had...tripe. We went from getting celebrity dj's (Sly and Robby on K-jah West, Axl Rose on the Dust, Super Rocking Mr Magic and Chuck D on the rap stations?:salute:) to just odd ass setlists of B-list songs and uninteresting radio banter.....It was so sad that the DLC in GTA 4 had to step in and add proper content to the stations with the Hardcore Punk shyt and the Disco/party shyt from both the Lost and Dammed and Balad of Gay Tony.

Can't say much for the radio station in GTA5, though. The ingame instrumentals you get when you're in a mission sound way better than half the bullshyt they licensed this time around. shyt fell off so hard in my opinion.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
PSP piff :whoo::whoo::whoo: LCS put me on to nore on the low :banderas:

Each game turned me on or made me focus on one or two artists/groups after hearing a choice song from 'em. I can safely say I found out about Sean Price and Royce da 5'9 through Game Radio......that was back when the website HipHopHoneys.com was actually a thing!:whew: