• Taylor Tunes as Emily, the murder victim
  • Brent Werzner as Werm, a skinhead
  • Kasey Brown as a drummer
  • Kai Lennox as Clark
  • Eric Edelstein as Big Justin, a skinhead bouncer
  • Samuel Summer as Jonathan
  • David W. Thompson as Tad, a radio host and promoter
  • Colton Rusche
  • Thomas Bell as a man with a cellphone (uncredited)

Trailer #3:

Trailer #2:

Trailer #1:

A band straying into a secluded part of Virginia stumbles onto a horrific act of violence. Because they are the only witnesses, they become the targets of a terrifying gang of white power skinheads who want to make sure all the evidence is eliminated.
didnt see a thread on this. just got back from this film and it was pretty good. browsing for movies and there is nothing new out. i went off the strength of the double toasted review i saw earlier this wk. its a gory horror/thriller (more so thriller). i found myself i squirming during a few scenes. maybe not full price but i do recommend.

Last edited by a moderator:

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Smh they had so many free screening for this but the title sounded dumb. I regret it now

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Finally saw it last night, as it hadn't hit San Diego until last Friday...I really liked it, I though it was an improvement from 'Blue Ruin', while being very much apart of that movies vision. The dark/grey/brown /green color hue, and the shots of the Oregon forest, and the cornfields were so dope. Loved the grimy bar/club where most of the action unfolded, that was such a great set, you could smell the cheap bear, and the sweat, the cheap whiskey, the cigarette smoke, and the grimy ass white supermacists...Loved the way the violence was shot, the box cutters to the stomach, the arms, really flinch inciting sights....I thought the entire cast was great, with Stewart, the girls, Cameron, and Anton Yelhcin as clear standouts....I was really impressed all around. A grim, violent, bleak and funny horror exercise, that was not so far off from 'Scream' in it's execution of genre standards.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just saw it. I agree with re'up in terms of the look, camera work, lighting, all of that was dope. The violence was like a stylistic horror movie. There was times when I was like "Ok, so how will this end? Who will die?" So it was worth the money. But this could have been great or classic.

My main issues (spoiler)
They messed up with who they chose to be the hero or heroes in the film. When I saw the hero(s), I instantly knew this person(s) would survive. One character was so "smart" that it was annoying. Like they knew everything. Pretty much no mistake. The characters that I did like, they died too soon. So you're stuck with people I don't for like 20 minutes with terrible, meaningless dialogue. Even the ending confirmed that the dialogue was stupid and meaningless.

But bottom line, I liked some of the Nazi characters more then some of the main characters (no koon). Deaths, suspence was cool. They just needed better dialogue and willingness to suspend belief. Which is fine. I expect that from these films. But you at least have to have characters that are likable. I give the movie B grade.

Also, you gotta get past the dumb horror flick logic. Like they're so dumb. And as a Black person, I know I would handle this situation totally differently. If you see a murder like that, no way would I call the police. At least not in front of them.

Another problem was the way they treated one of the villians. This niguh looked like 6'5, 280. He should have put some major hurting on these kids. I get that one of the main characters was a baby Bones Jones, but they should have been way more intimidated by him.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
solid movie... but i gotta whine, b/c i gotta...

It's probably just me, and I admit that, but the recent string of these atmospheric indie thriller/horror type movies are really overrated by people. I mean, every movie I'm about to mention are fine, but the internet loves the shyt out of em - This one, It Follows, The Guest(i actually like this one best), Blue Ruin, The Invitation... shyt, I'd even put Drive in there.

and it always seems like people love the music most. dimly light your movie, make it a slow burn, add a sythny score and people will love your shyt.

I do want to see this Jeremy dude's work from here on out though, will be curious to see if he gets a major studio gig like all the other indie directors seem to be getting.

/stupid rant over.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Watched this at work today, wanted to make a thread on it but :blessed: search button came up clutch. Dope ass movie, throwback in a sense, some of the characters were a little too convenient like the big dude trapped in the room, the nazi that left the movement and was trying to help(wish he and the first dead girl were fleshed out a little more but for the sake of length I understand, also it put me in the same :wtf: mode as the band walking in on them like what the fukk dis is cuh?) and the chick (Imogen Poots) character kept expecting her to turn heel. Also i didn't watch with subs on so some subtle dialog i wasn't able to catch. Patrick Stewart was a dope ass villain. My only real gripe was the son, I would have offed dude first chance I could. Cinematography was dope, acting was good but some parts were predictable. Overall I'd put it in my top 5 of the year, it was a blind watch and wasn't disappointed at all.

RIPBIGSWOLE

Banned
Daps
solid movie... but i gotta whine, b/c i gotta...

It's probably just me, and I admit that, but the recent string of these atmospheric indie thriller/horror type movies are really overrated by people. I mean, every movie I'm about to mention are fine, but the internet loves the shyt out of em - This one, It Follows, The Guest(i actually like this one best), Blue Ruin, The Invitation... shyt, I'd even put Drive in there.

and it always seems like people love the music most. dimly light your movie, make it a slow burn, add a sythny score and people will love your shyt.

I do want to see this Jeremy dude's work from here on out though, will be curious to see if he gets a major studio gig like all the other indie directors seem to be getting.

/stupid rant over.
Take drive outta there fam :stopitslime: