GSW - OKC Game 6. Everybody brings up Klay's 3s or Steph's 4th qtr...

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
KD intentionally lost that game. I never seen him play like that EVER. quick rushed shots, bad shots everything just seemed off. Then 3 weeks later the plan was completed.

I don't know about that. The smarter hypothesis would be that KD just wanted it too much and was trying to be the hero.

Blurneed

Pro
Daps
KD wins that series and he beats:

a 67-15 Spurs team
a 73-9 Warriors team

and has one more crack at prime Lebron with literally everything on the table...

...best player, GOAT playoff run, immortalized for winning your small market team a 'ship and doing it before Lebron...

EVERYTHING was right there for him...

Everything!:damn:

OKC was not beating the Cavs that year in the Finals. IDC what ppl try to say.

If you go to 26 seconds of this clip, it should tell you exactly how the Cavs felt at that moment in time. Cats wanna create this imaginary scenario that KD had a shot with low IQ Russ playing hero ball at any given moment. Russ has done this with and without KD. Well documented. OKC did match up very well with the Warriors obviously but they lost , and the Cavs were the ones who beat the Warriors who actually ran sets and had game plans. That 2 on 5 shyt OKC was doing woulda crumbled in the finals vs Cavs and they knew it.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

I have never seen a player of that caliber skate like that before. People straight moved right past the choke job to "ok where's he going". Then he doubles down by going to the team he choked against and while he caught backlash, he still had his fair share of "hey it's his life/Bron and Bosh joined a 45 win team that had to be gutted in order to get them...this is the same thing" plea cops. Any other player of his caliber gets the "double agent/threw the series" shyt after that. Instead I don't recall (doesn't mean it didn't happen, just I didn't see it) anyone ever connecting these dots in the last 4 years.
KD shot poorly that entire playoff run. The defense and rebounding the thunder had was what got them that far that year.

and this take was going around as soon as he went to the warriors. What happened was the Warriors had an even bigger choke just a couple weeks later, then he went there so the Thunder losing was never really put in the proper context
KD vs '16 GSW
30ppg / 8rpg / 2.9apg

42% shooting / 28% 3pt shooting

Lebron vs '16 GSW
29.7ppg / 11.3rpg/ / 8.9apg

49% shooting / 37% 3pt shooting
Iggy spent all his energy shutting down KD... he had nothing left for Bron :francis:

That's my narrative and i'm sticking with it:troll:

Daps
What's the difference between how KD played in this game and LeBron in Game 7 of the Finals that same year?

Bron shot poorly (9/24), was outplayed by Kyrie and Draymond, but still came out victorious because Klay and Steph only combined for 31 points and his running mate hit what is arguably the biggest shot in Finals history.

Besides, he and Westbrook had to get lucky three times (67-win Spurs, 73-win Warriors and then the Cavs), whilst Bron only had to have the dice roll in his favor just once which was the Finals.

Lebron was off that game. There’s a difference between being off & displaying questionable decision making

KD was playing like The Mob got to him

59bae99e08e59.image.jpg

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
The OKC vs Warrior matchup is one my my favorite matchups of all time. Only second to the C’s vs Lakers. They played completely different styles, which they were both elite at. OKC playing big & dominating the boards. Pick roll offense and KD ISO’s. Russ screaming and shyt talking Steph after a big play :banderas:

GS Running small ball. Ball movement, threes, Steph dancing on em after a heat check. Klay and Draymond defense on KD. The warriors reactions whenever Russ made a boneheaded decision :ohlawd:

I liked both teams. Running back since Mohawk Russ and Gs Montae days so watching them compete was always a joy when they both became elite.

plus both team crowds were bananas. shyt would give me goosebumps

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
KD vs '16 GSW
30ppg / 8rpg / 2.9apg

42% shooting / 28% 3pt shooting

Lebron vs '16 GSW
29.7ppg / 11.3rpg/ / 8.9apg

49% shooting / 37% 3pt shooting
Iggy spent all his energy shutting down KD... he had nothing left for Bron :francis:

That's my narrative and i'm sticking with it:troll:

Its Westbrooks fault they lost. Not KD :unimpressed:

Westbrook's Game score was 23
KD's Game Score was 20.1

still Westbrook's fault :unimpressed:

They were drained. So Bron's Game Score of 26.5 vs. the Warriors was overhyped:unimpressed:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
:wow:

Here's something else people dont remember

Steph was better in the playoffs that year. KD just had the better finals
Game Score vs. Portland
Steph 23.6
KD 16.4

Game Score vs. Utah
Steph 20.3
KD 20.6

Game Score vs. Spurs

Steph 25.8
KD 22.6

It was the finals were KD turned it up

Game Score vs. Cavs

KD 30.3
Steph 24.1

(Bron 29.6)

And imo..Lue trying to run with GS was not a smart move.

He had to run with GS because they weren't going to get good shots otherwise. People forget how good Gs' half court defense was

They were drawing dead.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
What's the difference between how KD played in this game and LeBron in Game 7 of the Finals that same year?

Bron shot poorly (9/24), was outplayed by Kyrie and Draymond, but still came out victorious because Klay and Steph only combined for 31 points and his running mate hit what is arguably the biggest shot in Finals history.

Besides, he and Westbrook had to get lucky three times (67-win Spurs, 73-win Warriors and then the Cavs), whilst Bron only had to have the dice roll in his favor just once which was the Finals.
Nikka what?

LeBron did not play poorly. He shot 9 of 24 in a defensive oriented game that was decided 92-89 and nobody could hit down the stretch due to fatigue.

He had 27/11/11 with 2 steals and 3 blocks and he outscored Kyrie 11-to-5 in the 4th had The Block and iced the game at the FT line.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
You just gonna ignore the 11 rebounds, 11 assists, the iconic block on Iggy, and the free throw at the end to ice the game huh. Nevermind that this was a do-or-die game in hostile territory
Nikka what?

LeBron did not play poorly. He shot 9 of 24 in a defensive oriented game that was decided 92-89 and nobody could hit down the stretch due to fatigue.

He had 27/11/11 with 2 steals and 3 blocks and he outscored Kyrie 11-to-5 in the 4th had The Block and iced the game at the FT line.
I don't care if this is off topic but why doesn't Kobe get this same treatment when it comes to his game 7 against Boston? Everyone focuses on the 6/24 but leaves out the 15 rebounds and defense he played. This is why people hate LeBron stans. Always double standards and oh that was different.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
He had to run with GS because they weren't going to get good shots otherwise. People forget how good Gs' half court defense was

They were drawing dead.
They were. The problem is Cavs transition defense was horrible. It caused them to run to the 3 point line and then give up easy baskets to the hoop.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Durant was bad in the closing mins but Russ took all the blame
One of the reasons im not a big KD fan.

people created this narrative that every time OKC lost it was Russ sabotaging everything.

when in reality KD would choke and make his fair share of bad decisions every time they lost in the playoffs.

it wasn’t until all pressure was lifted When he tucked his tail and went to the Warriors did he play to his full abilIty

Him and Kyrie on The same squad gonna be interesting, cause Kyrie ain’t gonna fall on the sword with the media for KD like Russ did.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I don't care if this is off topic but why doesn't Kobe get this same treatment when it comes to his game 7 against Boston? Everyone focuses on the 6/24 but leaves out the 15 rebounds and defense he played. This is why people hate LeBron stans. Always double standards and oh that was different.
1. Warriors were considered a better team (although to be fair in terms of talent I think that Celtics team was better than the Lakers)
2. 3 shots does make a huge difference in terms of % (one is 25% the other is 38%)
3. He was coming off two of the GOAT performances in the finals.
4. His team came back from down 3-1

I dont look at it is as a bad performance from Kobe. I actually look at it as a lesson Bron should have learned from Kobe in 2010. Keep firing/attacking. He learned the hard lesson in 2011 when Dirk did the same thing.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
It’s hardly spoke of because people don’t care to remember KD too much before the warriors cause it don’t help with the lebron hate

Actually it's not brought up because it shows that Warriors team wasn't an all time great and KD should have beat them before Bron had a chance :sas2:

McPiff

#goat
Daps

:dwillhuh: