Gym brehs, come in here and post workout / diet tips that have actually worked for you

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Video tape your form... shyt can feel smooth and good but when you actually watch it it's a different bag. I had to check myself on a few lifts... butt coming up off the bench on BB bench, not getting full ROM on my pulling motions , too much body English on some accessories etc.... check yourself before you wreck yourself :ufdup:

Say it again.

Folks think it's vanity to record yourself . No. ..

it's longevity.

Especially if you train alone and there's no one to tell you you're not looking the way you may think you are during your lifts.

Daps
I have a high metabolism so I can skate but...

Two big bottles of water a day
Limit the fast food
Burritos (rice, pinto, xtra chicken and a tiny bit of cheese)

ill thing is I still eat a box of pizza & five guys on occasion. I also like Dr Pepper as well. The difference is I work out 6 days a week and I lift in conjunction with various push-ups I do. Whatever garbage I put in I just shyt out

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of people are going to already know this but I learned something personally from the dude Kali Muscle High reps (high reps, high reps) lower weight pump the blood to the muscle and you will get size...nobody really cares about how strong you are past a certain point also try your best to look good all year long so no more bulking for me...

Maybe I'll throw in some strength improvement during the winter but everything else will be high reps all year long.

Last edited:

Art Norm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Down almost 50lbs since August. Started at 225, currently 178. Goal is 165. Started out just eating better, and counting calories. I weigh everything that I eat for the most part. No eating out. Straight water, and sparkling water. No soda, juice, etc. I don't work out at all, aside from walking around my neighborhood an hour a day at a moderate pace. I have a somewhat physical job too so I'm sure that helps. Starting out I avoided high fat foods until I discovered keto on here. I started that on Sunday, and I'm already down 10lbs (mostly water weight I'm sure). I wasn't eating many carbs or sugar before so it wasn't hard to adjust. Just added more fat. I feel more full throughout the day also. 13lbs to go :blessed:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for beginners who have never stepped in the gym and don't know where to start, definitely Stronglifts 5X5 workout.

Very simple, starts very light with a steady progression, learn proper technique on the basic compound lifts, workouts are not too long, and you can build a solid strength foundation in 3-4 months that you can then parlay into another workout if you choose to later on. it won't get you big right away but the heavier weight you can lift, you will still increase your "hypertrophy" weights overall even if it's a little lighter than your "stronglifts" weights.

just a solid beginner program.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ll say again lighter weight higher rep constant tension has helped my gains more than anything.

Workout styles that have worked in order of personal opinion.

Push, Pull, Legs

Full Body Workout

Bro split

HIT training

5x5

I haven’t done Doggcrap

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I’ll say again lighter weight higher rep constant tension has helped my gains more than anything.

Push, Pull, Legs

Full Body Workout

Bro split

HIT training

5x5

I haven’t done Doggcrap

yup. add in 30-40 sec rest in between sets and you golden. I rarely power lift (maybe once a week if that). I see no point in it unless you joining some competition.

my sets usually look like this: 15 reps with light weight, 12 reps with moderate weight, 8 sets with semi heavy weight (another eight with moderate weight if its a drop set)...

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Push, Pull, Legs

Full Body Workout

Bro split

HIT training

5x5

I haven’t done Doggcrap

yup. add in 30-40 sec rest in between sets and you golden. I rarely power lift (maybe once a week if that). I see no point in it unless you joining some competition.

my sets usually look like this: 15 reps with light weight, 12 reps with moderate weight, 8 sets with semi heavy weight (another eight with moderate weight if its a drop set)...

Co-sign both of these...

All I do is 8-15 rep sets, moderate weight with perfect form, ~30 second rest between sets. Fast, efficient workouts that give great results and keep you lean.

In the best shape I’ve ever been with no shoulder / elbow / knee pain from constant heavy lifts.

But that being said, idk if this would be the best for beginners. IMO this would be better for cats that already put on muscle for years and are tryin to improve and define it