H.E.R. - BACK OF MY MIND (Discussion Thread)

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Started out my day listening to it - didn't start listening to H.E.R. until the pandemic - but this is a strong project "debut" :hubie:
Will update when I finish listening, but I'm enjoying it thus far.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s cool safe album. Perfect for a dinner / chill date at your spot.

I would of liked a bit more experimental and some a little more range, she has this monotone singing thing going on for the 1st half of the album. As for the features. Lil baby was not needed at all. Cordae & Bleu were OK, but I’d swap em easily for some R&B OGs. RCA probably didn’t want a feature to outshine her or didn’t want to put the money up.

Id also say on some of the tracks she gives me she also gives Dej Loaf vibes.
Growing up hearing rap x R&B songs on the radio constantly, I thought her and Cordae and her and Lil Baby had pretty good chemistry - his voice is a little high pitched so it wasn't the usual juxtaposition - but I enjoyed it

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
This project is more uptempo, there's some good tracks on here. Think this will put her in the spotlight much more even though she won grammys already.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
21 songs?

1 hour and 20 minutes?

I'm 10 songs in and I already feel like I don't need to hear the rest.

:francis:

When albums are this long, listening to them honestly feels like I'm wasting my time. Like I could be doing other things, even while I'm listening to them doing other things.

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
21 songs?

1 hour and 20 minutes?

When albums are this long, listening to them honestly feels like I'm wasting my time. Like I could be doing other things, even while I'm listening to them doing other things.

Thats true, if I was an artist I'd cut it and half and stretch it out for 2 albums over the course of the 1 or 2 years

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
21 songs?

1 hour and 20 minutes?

Thats true, if I was an artist I'd cut it and half and stretch it out for 2 albums over the course of the 1 or 2 years

it seems like for the most part artist have learned that a project shouldn’t be over 50 minutes.

Every long album gets criticized for being too long even before fans listen these days and it’s well within reason