H1Z1 Releases On PS4 May 22

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'll give it a whirl since I don't care for Fortnite. :yeshrug:

I didn't know this was still being released. It got announced so long ago. :pachaha:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Looks exactly like PUBG. *am aware of PUBG being a mod of this*
I don't get. I don't keep up with the PC world so school me on this.
This is basically the OG PUBG coming to PS4?
Isn't the PUBG that's on XB1 coming to PS4 eventually still?
What the hell is up with all of these battle royale games?
I'm negging you if you hit me with the Dragon Ball Z gif these are legit questions. :mjgrin:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I don't get. I don't keep up with the PC world so school me on this.
This is basically the OG PUBG coming to PS4?
Isn't the PUBG that's on XB1 coming to PS4 eventually still?
What the hell is up with all of these battle royale games?
I'm negging you if you hit me with the Dragon Ball Z gif these are legit questions. :mjgrin:
ok...

Arma 2 is a PC military simulator. Dean Hall made a mod for Arma 2 called "DayZ", which was a zombie apocalypse survival game. Brendan Greene (aka "Playerunknown") modded DayZ into a battle royale game (technically just an Arma 2 mod, but he did use some DayZ assets and mechanics)

then Sony Online Entertainment (SOE, now "Daybreak Game Company") started to make a DayZ clone called H1Z1. they hired Playerunknown to make a battle royale mode for that game. they later split the game into two seperate games for their 'survival' and 'battle royal' modes (and that pissed a lot of people off because they put the original game mode on the back burner to do battle royale. similar to Fortnite)

around this time Playerunknown also ported his original Arma 2 mod to Arma 3

next Bluehole hired Playerunknown to make their own standalone battle royale game. which became PUBG

thing is a lot of people felt H1Z1 was too 'arcady', and PUBG goes more in the direction of the game modes milsim (Arma) roots