Haitian woman in Miami fired by Hilton Hotels for taking Sundays off is NOT awarded $21 million

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Pro bono would mean that he's not charging for legal services

Technically, that would be a lawyer who works on contingency - meaning that he would be entitled to that percentage. Pro bono means "public good" - just means a lawyer is providing legal services for free, off charity or for the good of the public. Pro bono attorneys do not get paid by the parties in the case for the work on the case.

you're right... my bad...

edit: technically its pro bono if she lost

Last edited:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
:deadrose::laff:... what nowwww?? :gucci: I don't know how else to explain it. LMAOFFFF you didn't have to change the title!!!!. sigghhhh, she would have won the 21million
you are still not getting it:snoop:
SYMBOLICALLY she won the 21million... change the title back.. O. M. G. ... SHE WON THE 21MIL but the govt. THE GOVT is only allowing her to receive the 500K bc that's the capped amount. if she was just suing Hilton without government involvement, the CORPORATION WOULD BE ORDERED TO PAY HER THE FULL AMOUNT OF 21 MILLION. BUTTTTT federal law only allows her to receive 500K.:therethere:

(I wasn't trying to disrespect your post or you, at all, or cause confusion btw- I just thought that it would be interesting to note, from a legal perspective.)

We don't care about about no "symbolic" shyt :hhh:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
We don't care about about no "symbolic" shyt :hhh:
:picard: :gucci::patrice:dont be a jerk .:merchant::beli::what: disrespectful.you just dissed a whole community of legal scholars. Now I'm officially offended :demonic:
It's the symbolic ones that lead to tangible ones. I would explain why with examples but you don't give a shyt b.:ufdup::camby:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So glad I don't have to work Sundays no more. Retail is rough:scust:

Is that enough for her to retire?:ohhh:
At her age, hell yeah. That's retirement. nothing lavish but she's set. Invest half of it to accumulate funds , hire a financial planner
..she's straight. If she doesn't hi be the whole 500k to the church that is .people trying to leach off her. She needs a legal consultant too , I'm going to ask her , offer my services.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
:picard: :gucci::patrice:dont be a jerk .:merchant::beli::what: disrespectful.you just dissed a whole community of legal scholars. Now I'm officially offended :demonic:
It's the symbolic ones that lead to tangible ones. I would explain why with examples but you don't give a shyt b.:ufdup::camby:

TANGIBLY these kinda cases are all $500k no matter what, correct? It's nothing to be upset about, I just wanted to see sis get ALL her coins.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
:dead::russ:..dammit:deadmanny: I DID... :martin: There is no "rest goes to the government". she IS getting the 500K. The money goes to HER, that's it. There's no 21million, nothing is leftover. NONE.. nothing goes back to the government. That 500K will go to HER (and her atty). She only SUED for the 21mil, she can only get 500K.. the 500K will come from Hilton (the company that got sued)...got me now?? @karim
(edit-yall are thinking that she gets 500k and the government will get its take of the rest which would be 20.5 mil (or whatever) but that's not the case)

My guy that means they only have to pay $500,000
So why did she sue for 21mill then... where the fukk would that number just come from?
Her lawyer would be like let's sue for 10mill... they only gonna give us 500k tho
Edit: question already answered

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bottom of the Lake
:salute: Lawyer

Even when the case is over, he still in raw form... this isn’t about the money... this is about all the employees....

After the cameras was off he was looking at what his return will be

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So why did she sue for 21mill then... where the fukk would that number just come from?
Her lawyer would be like let's sue for 10mill... they only gonna give us 500k tho
I only worked in a personal injury firm for one year but this is what I know- the initial offer is tripled. Than means (treble damages ) in legalspeak. Say if you got into a car accident , your doctor's bills are 300k , work wages affected, limited use of your body - bodily injuries. So your initial ask would be $1mil .300k x3 base. Then all that emotions.turmoil ,hospital recovery.....you can use for that , I just described punitive and compensatory damages. In OPs case, the lady has lost wages inflection of harm, mental distress,. Her lawyer added that up and cane up with 21.5