Hampton University creates statue honoring George H.W Bush.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Is there a given rationale? Doubt I’d agree with it but I’d like to know what the reason was
“President Bush demonstrated a long-standing support of Historically Black Colleges and Universities over his career,” the university said, in a press release.

Hampton’s President Dr. William R. Harvey said in December, “I believe in giving people their credit when it is due. President Bush was not only a good friend of mine, but he was an extraordinary person who believed it was crucial that African Americans have access to education. I think that’s something that we must acknowledge.”

The United Negro College Fund (UNCF) said in a statement in December:

“George H.W. Bush was fully committed to UNCF’s mission to increase the number of African American college graduates and to preserve Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU).”
:francis:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Is there a given rationale? Doubt I’d agree with it but I’d like to know what the reason was
https://www.diversityinc.com/hampto...1QFRSQStKegLO9Wtg8AriuHzcJV8h-A6g1C2_0BRLoUd4

No real reason given. This was from the president of Hampton and the UNCF

The 41st U.S. president died on Nov. 30.

"I believe in giving people their credit when it is due," Hampton's President Dr. William R. Harvey said in December. "President Bush was not only a good friend of mine, but he was an extraordinary person who believed it was crucial that African Americans have access to education. I think that's something that we must acknowledge."

The United Negro College Fund (UNCF) said in a statement in December:

"George H.W. Bush was fully committed to UNCF's mission to increase the number of African American college graduates and to preserve Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU).

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

From the University web site:
George H. W. Bush: an American politician who served as the 41st president of the United States from 1989 to 1993. Prior to assuming the presidency, Bush served as the 43rd vice president of the United States from 1981 to 1989. His earlier posts included those of congressman, ambassador, and CIA director. President Bush demonstrated a long-standing support of Historically Black Colleges and Universities over his career. He delivered the 1991 Commencement address at Hampton University. Within the three years following President Bush’s address, Hampton University received $40 million in federal support for faculty research, scholarships for students, and programs to enhance the university. Under the Title III Program alone, salary supplements, scholarship support and the acquisition of instructional and research equipment were received. President Bush founded the United Negro College Fund chapter at Yale University during his college days. As president, he continued his overwhelmingly positive support for Black Colleges with initiatives such as appointing 23 individuals to the President’s Board of Advisors on Historically Black Colleges and Universities to advise him and the Secretary of Education on ways to strengthen the HBCUs; directed the Office of Personnel Management, in conjunction with the Secretaries of Labor and Education, to develop a program to improve the recruitment of graduate, and undergraduate HBCU students for part-time and summer federal positions; and signed Executive Order 12677, which directed 27 agencies to increase the opportunities for the participation of HBCUs in federal programs. Increases in total funding over the fiscal years 1989 award levels were reported by most of these agencies. HBCUs received a total of $776 million in fiscal year 1989 and $894 million in fiscal year 1990, an increase of $118 million dollars.

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
He did a lot of good in Africa too, I think. If it weren't for 9/11 he'd probably have had a much different legacy. Obviously the wars, but it seemed like it opened a door for Cheney and Rumsfeld to really take over that administration.