Happiness genes located for the first time ( these new Rx drugs are about to be lit!!)

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Not being happy may go away, but it creates a new problem.. an addiction to prescription drugs.

And what if the body becomes used to the drug, and its effect no longer takes place?

Also many people are unhappy because of their upbringing, the things they've been through and are currently going through.

Taking drugs doesn't solve the problem at it's root. Plus, what are the side effects? Possible death by stroke or seizure?

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
You can't be happy 24-7

to be happy you gotta know what being sad is

so tha pills not gonna work, you need to experience both to know what tha other is :manny:

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
Nah there's a difference between feeling happy and anhedonia. I would say happiness is easily definable and you don't need sadness. Locating and medicating for the happy gene doesn't mean sadness will disappear, but if they can make depression disappear that would be worthwhile

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Not being happy may go away, but it creates a new problem.. an addiction to prescription drugs.

And what if the body becomes used to the drug, and its effect no longer takes place?

Also many people are unhappy because of their upbringing, the things they've been through and are currently going through.

Taking drugs doesn't solve the problem at it's root. Plus, what are the side effects? Possible death by stroke or seizure?
Good points!

My sad life could use a happy euphoric type drug but u have to think of side effects. I taken e pills before and some were great and some not so great or ineffective and can have a hard come down. There need to be some studies on this.

Plus with se drugs there may be an euphoric high but it can become a huge downer. I definitely don't need a downer.