Has there ever been a lightskinned superhero? Non-biracial

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
there hasn't because when white people think of black they think dark or brown-skinned
this is why black people should be in charge of making black characters
if white people see a light-skinned black person they think they're mixed with something
there's actually a whole system they use to determine which races get what colors

Last edited:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
If you think Will Smith is light-skinned; Hancock?

I was listening to a good YouTube video on a similar topic. There's no lightskin A-list movie stars. Terrance Howard, Michael Ealy, Jeffrey Wright and Shamar Moore might be the only ones. Breh from Bridgeton needs a longer resume. Terrence is the only one who's "arguably" A-list.

Hollywood seemingly doesn't cast lightskin brehs nearly as much as brownskin/dark-skinned actors. For actresses it was the opposite until the last 10 years or so.

And of course this is rooted in racial stereotypes. So I imagine comicbooks have a similar reason why.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Look For White comic book artist and writers to decide what character will be dark skinned or light skinned , brehs... I don’t even think white people care or know the difference.

:stopitslime:

Notice ALL the black characters on family guy are the same shade of brown

:mjlol:.
they actually had/have a term for it
shyt brown
Lighten Up | The Nib

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Its sad how there's so little light skin representation.:francis: I can't relate to these nikkas at all.:sadcam: The lack of emotional outbursts and eye squinting

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps

Served in Harlem
tenor.gif