Haven't played games for 3/4 years and just bought PS4 and Destiny - here's my thoughts so far

AJW

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Berkshire, England
Ok so I haven't played video games consistently and intensley for around 3/4 years. :flabbynsick: gamer at 21 years old which I NEVER imagined as a kid - I always thought I'd be a 50 year old still beasting the sticks! I've only really played the odd game here and there and the last game I played was the Uncharted games (which are incredible may I add). I used to go hard as a 15 year old on the original Gears of War, Halo 3 and COD4. Literally spent 2 years playing video games whilst at college (still passed all my exams with top marks :takedat:). Those were the days :wow:

I guess it all fizzled out when I began working full time at around 18 and I also began lifting too so was spending a lot of time in the gym, therefore gaming took a hit. Now I'm settled and have a bit more time on my hands I feel like I'm getting the bug back and last week finally decided to upgrade to PS4 as I'd seen a few adverts for Destiny and had noticed the buzz going around for it. Time felt right so I copped and so far here are my thoughts:

No doubt this is an incredible game. I'm completely lost with the story and don't care for it (don't pay attention to the cutscenes) however the missions are very fun and I've not played many games that get me so intense. As much as I was getting annoyed with the game, the feeling you get when you finally beat one of those boss guys is incredible :blessed: After this one mission I spent a good hour trying to defeat this dude and once I'd killed him I legit celebrated in my room, jumed out my chair, pointed at the screen and shouted fukk you at the dead corspe of this enemy :russ: Any game that can get me as emotionally engaged as I used to get as a kid deserves some props.

My FAVOURITE part of Destiny is the music. Whether your walking around, chilling in orbit messing about with your character or fighting for your life with minimal health and battling some massive machine it absolutely suits the mood. Gonna have to cop the album if they bring one out :wow:

Gameplay is genrally good and feels better than the Halo games for me. So props to Bungie for that. One thing I love is when you headshot pop those Legionary enemies on Mars and the way their head blows off - just like the Gears way :blessed:

Tried a bit of the online but onlyh a couple of games so far. Done a few strikes and they're frustrating but enjoyable and rewarding. Spent about 2 hours doing one on Mars last night :wow:

Graphics are undoubtadly very good but when I'm playing I steel feel like I'm playing a PS3 game - I'm not completely blown away like I was when I went from PS2 to playing Uncharted on PS3. I guess we'll have to give developers time to learn the software to make the most of it?

Any tips for what games I should check out? My PSN is MachoManAidy. I'll be copping WWE 2K15 soon so any of my TSC dudes getting that add me up.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ok so I haven't played video games consistently and intensley for around 3/4 years. :flabbynsick: gamer at 21 years old which I NEVER imagined as a kid - I always thought I'd be a 50 year old still beasting the sticks! I've only really played the odd game here and there and the last game I played was the Uncharted games (which are incredible may I add). I used to go hard as a 15 year old on the original Gears of War, Halo 3 and COD4. Literally spent 2 years playing video games whilst at college (still passed all my exams with top marks :takedat:). Those were the days :wow:

I guess it all fizzled out when I began working full time at around 18 and I also began lifting too so was spending a lot of time in the gym, therefore gaming took a hit. Now I'm settled and have a bit more time on my hands I feel like I'm getting the bug back and last week finally decided to upgrade to PS4 as I'd seen a few adverts for Destiny and had noticed the buzz going around for it. Time felt right so I copped and so far here are my thoughts:

No doubt this is an incredible game. I'm completely lost with the story and don't care for it (don't pay attention to the cutscenes) however the missions are very fun and I've not played many games that get me so intense. As much as I was getting annoyed with the game, the feeling you get when you finally beat one of those boss guys is incredible :blessed: After this one mission I spent a good hour trying to defeat this dude and once I'd killed him I legit celebrated in my room, jumed out my chair, pointed at the screen and shouted fukk you at the dead corspe of this enemy :russ: Any game that can get me as emotionally engaged as I used to get as a kid deserves some props.

My FAVOURITE part of Destiny is the music. Whether your walking around, chilling in orbit messing about with your character or fighting for your life with minimal health and battling some massive machine it absolutely suits the mood. Gonna have to cop the album if they bring one out :wow:

Gameplay is genrally good and feels better than the Halo games for me. So props to Bungie for that. One thing I love is when you headshot pop those Legionary enemies on Mars and the way their head blows off - just like the Gears way :blessed:

Tried a bit of the online but onlyh a couple of games so far. Done a few strikes and they're frustrating but enjoyable and rewarding. Spent about 2 hours doing one on Mars last night :wow:

Graphics are undoubtadly very good but when I'm playing I steel feel like I'm playing a PS3 game - I'm not completely blown away like I was when I went from PS2 to playing Uncharted on PS3. I guess we'll have to give developers time to learn the software to make the most of it?

Any tips for what games I should check out? My PSN is MachoManAidy. I'll be copping WWE 2K15 soon so any of my TSC dudes getting that add me up.

Add your name to the Coli PSN ID List
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/playstation-4-ps4-psn-id-list.173593/

Make sure you put your psn id in your contact details.
http://www.thecoli.com/account/contact-details

Welcome to the N4O. Woooooooooooooooooo!!
:salute:

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Once i started making music I stopped playing video games. It's been about 8 years now.

The only game I still care about is Mortal Kombat and that's for the characters/story. I just watch on YouTube :pachaha:

I just don't got time to be playing a video game unless that bytch will spit out money for winning a level.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I rarely play games full time like i used to, all i do is work and sleep and be social... most of the games i dont even buy anymore... maybe im outgrowing it.

AJW

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Berkshire, England
Add your name to the Coli PSN ID List
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/playstation-4-ps4-psn-id-list.173593/

Make sure you put your psn id in your contact details.
http://www.thecoli.com/account/contact-details

Welcome to the N4O. Woooooooooooooooooo!!
:salute:

Will do mate. Like I said I'm :flabbynsick: status at the moment but it's all coming back to me gradually.

Feels good to be back on the scene anyway! One thing that prompted me was seing a video for share play which looked incredible - when will that be coming out? What else have I got to look forward to in terms of new games and new features? I heard theres a new Uncharted coming out :banderas:

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Will do mate. Like I said I'm :flabbynsick: status at the moment but it's all coming back to me gradually.

Feels good to be back on the scene anyway! One thing that prompted me was seing a video for share play which looked incredible - when will that be coming out? What else have I got to look forward to in terms of new games and new features? I heard theres a new Uncharted coming out :banderas:
Share Play comes with PS4 Update 2.0

Due this "fall" so im assuming it has an october-november window of release.

You want to know about exclusives or next gen games in general?

• Dap
Reactions: AJW

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps

shadow of mordor (tuesday)

Evil within (october)

The Last Of Us (nikka this shyt is pure fire)

Metro Last light Dedux

battlefield 4

• Dap
Reactions: AJW