Help swag my feets up for summer 2018, what kicks we rocking under $80?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
@West Coast Avenger Not until The Pack made the Vans song...

Vans are a Cali thing breh... and I heard OGs from Cali say that if you wore vans back in the day that meant you were a square...
Made in Cali and worn outside Cali by Skaters predominantly

By the time The Pack made the vans song skating culture was mainstream and the old chunky skate shoes like etnies etc had been out for years in that subculture it was SB and Vans... not coincidentally skater influence had grown in rap....

Maybe Cali put nikkaz onto Vans but whiteboys were already on that shyt heavy everywhere else.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Has enough time passed to make Reebok classic trendy again?

684814c8288d9802ba159a696c16be62.jpg

s-l300.jpg

c5f8825ed8edde2e7c71ad399656566f.jpg

SpringSummer-2018-Mens-Shoes-Reebok-CLSHX-Runner-TS-Black-White-V70799-Reebok-United-States-Outlet-Online.jpg

86989.jpg

Help! I really value your opinions :damn:

I like the blue classics :ehh:

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Made in Cali and worn outside Cali by Skaters predominantly

By the time The Pack made the vans song skating culture was mainstream and the old chunky skate shoes like etnies etc had been out for years in that subculture it was SB and Vans... not coincidentally skater influence had grown in rap....

Maybe Cali put nikkaz onto Vans but whiteboys were already on that shyt heavy everywhere else.
LOL @ bringing up the pack...:mjlol:....bruh I'm talking bout late 80's early 90's and you talking bout early 2000's....Vans were a surfer white boy shoe that transitioned to a skating shoe...then ese's started to rock them....then bruh's out in Cali in the mid 90's were on them heavily....Vans didn't blow up like that till after the 90's but they have always been big in Cali....

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
LOL @ bringing up the pack...:mjlol:....bruh I'm talking bout late 80's early 90's and you talking bout early 2000's....Vans were a surfer white boy shoe that transitioned to a skating shoe...then ese's started to rock them....then bruh's out in Cali in the mid 90's were on them heavily....Vans didn't blow up like that till after the 90's but they have always been big in Cali....
your fellow Cali native brought up the pack...

Outside of Cali they were a Skater uniform. And yes they didn't blow up like that till after the 90's. Part of it is logistics the shoes were locally made there and the brand didn't mature until the skating subculture was mainstreamed. They sponsored the warped tour and they've been a skating staple ever since.

You're right they were a cali thing like cortez and chucks but everywhere else it was a skater thing