Henry Cavill's Warhammer 40k adaptation is officially going ahead, lining up Amazon Prime Video’s most exciting franchise yet

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge

Amazon Prime Video’s Warhammer 40,000 franchise is officially moving ahead. Since it was first announced last year, updates have been pretty stagnant on this one, but luckily, we’ve finally had some good news after Games Workshop finalized its deal with Amazon Studios to bring the beloved game to the screen.

Henry Cavill, fresh off his exit from The Witcher and the DC universe, is set to be involved as an executive producer and star, although no casting or character details have been confirmed yet. The update is a hugely exciting one as now Prime Video has all the ingredients to make its most exciting franchise yet.

First of all, it’s an incredible universe to adapt, primed for the screen, especially with a studio like Amazon behind it. Set in the 41st Millennium, the grim dark universe follows warring factions who fight endless battles across different worlds. Having seen the scale that Prime Video managed with The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, as well as its ability to create a satisfying cinematic universe with The Boys, the studio could be onto something special.

Cavill’s involvement is equally as exciting too, not least because he’s proved his sci-fi chops playing both Geralt of Rivia and Superman. His passion for the project is also palpable, as can be seen in an Instagram post he shared last year. "For 30 years I have dreamt of seeing a Warhammer universe in live action," he wrote. "Now, after 22 years of experience in this industry, I finally feel that I have the skill set and experience to guide a Warhammer Cinematic Universe into life."

While the project is still in its early development stages, the new update means that Amazon can start hiring talent to make both film and TV projects set in the universe. Watch this space then

:blessed:

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
:ohhh: :mjpls: let's see where this goes.

We are all right to be concerned, there have been a lot of shytty 40k and amazon projects but I do believe Henry wouldn't be involved unless he had considerable control from interviews I have seen and based on him leaving the Witcher (numerous stories said he was frustrated with writers not staying true to source material) He really does love 40k

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
We are all right to be concerned, there have been a lot of shytty 40k and amazon projects but I do believe Henry wouldn't be involved unless he had considerable control from interviews I have seen and based on him leaving the Witcher (numerous stories said he was frustrated with writers not staying true to source material) He really does love 40k
Oh I have faith in him. But a lot of White supremacists worship WH4K. I hope they don't start fukking with the promo of this.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Oh I have faith in him. But a lot of White supremacists worship WH4K. I hope they don't start fukking with the promo of this.
There are black people in the verse, hell all races can be included as humanity is just that in the universe. It’s those dam xenos we have to worry about, then again I know they would lose their shyt if the emperor of mankind story was told and a black man was cast. :mjlol:

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
It really is 'mankind', when its Holy Terra (Earth) it's us vs. whole galaxy. We are also not displayed as the 'good guys' either. It's a different flavor of sci-fi most are not used to.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
tumblr_pixkziJDAe1qdw7ww_1280.jpg

You could argue the Tau but nobody likes them lol

voltronblack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It really is 'mankind', when its Holy Terra (Earth) it's us vs. whole galaxy. We are also not displayed as the 'good guys' either. It's a different flavor of sci-fi most are not used to.
:jbhmm: I dont know about all that mankind are still treats as begin special snowflakes we are just :demonic: in some ways when we are more :demonic: than the alien's.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
I dont get why their armors so fukking bulky?!?:mjlol: thats my only gripe...:heh: but I'm interested seeing this on the small screen it could be fire.
It's f***king ungodly strong armor and tech. I would put money on a single space marine vs. the whole city of Miami before they had to call in the army and air force lol

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It's f***king ungodly strong armor and tech. I would put money on a single space marine vs. the whole city of Miami before they had to call in the army and air force lol

I mean I know how strong these armors are. But I'm saying aesthetically...:heh: its ridiculous I prefer armors proportional to the human body sleek and refined ala iron man or star citizen..

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
I mean I know how strong these armors are. But I'm saying aesthetically...:heh: its ridiculous I prefer armors proportional to the human body sleek and refined ala iron man or star citizen..
I get it, I do

I just like the Tank full on dreadnought look too

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I dont get why their armors so fukking bulky?!?:mjlol: thats my only gripe...:heh: but I'm interested seeing this on the small screen it could be fire.
Because Astartes are 8ft tall of pure muscle, think of the biggest body builder you know but taller and much bigger. Trust me in terms of lore it makes sense those guys are fukking beasts.