Here is Why Your Vote Doesn't Matter

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Edit - Not trying to persuade people not to vote, I'm just answering the question of why I feel our votes don't matter. Do with this information what you will.
The @Preacher didn't vote for a variety of reasons being spiritual and moral. But here's why your vote doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Out of the 318 million people here in the U.S, only 538 people determine the presidency. That is the Electoral vote which is made by representatives of the states. The popular vote are the votes by we the people. So when we vote, we are basically telling the electoral college who to vote for. Simple right?

Here's the problem. Take me for example, I stay in Alabama. The last time we voted democrat was in '76 for Pres. Carter. So in every election since then, the state has been republican. Here's the voting history for Alabama, red being Rep, blue being Dem. The green for this year means still in process but we voted Rep this year too. Yellow is for parties other than Dem or Rep.
download.png

So here, my vote wouldn't matter if I were D because no matter what, the state will always vote R. Lets look at the 2008 election between Obama and McCain. Obama obviously had 96% of the USA's African American vote. 96% total! However in, Alabama:
235px-Alabama_2008_Presidential_Election_Results_By_County.svg.png

:francis: Redder than @Phoenix_Knightly23 's pad every month.
Remember, 96% of US blacks voted for Obama total in 08, including me. But my vote didn't matter because the majority of my state voted for McCain. McCain got all 9 of Alabama's electoral votes. Obama didn't get one. Let me flesh it out a little more. In Alabama alone, 98% of blacks voted for Obama and the above picture was still the result. We shut the polls down in 08 and still didn't make a difference because of our state being majority white. So if 98% of black people voted and still couldn't win our state, then we could've not voted and the result would've still been the same. Same as this year.

So I would say this, if you live in a swing state where D & R are about evenly split, then you'd have an argument. But at the end of the day, the Electoral college makes the decision, not us. If your state voted Republican, the electoral college voters of your state could still vote against it and vote democrat because there are no laws in place that would forbid them from doing so. They do what they want to do. And it has happened I think about 156 times, the last time being in 2000 Bush vs. Gore and we all remember how controversial that election was. But for the most part, this is not a problem that happens too often. But the fact that if/when it does happen again, we are powerless to do anything about it. You don't decide anything on a National level because its too much power and money at stake to put in the hands of everyday working citizens. Remember, we are a democratic republic meaning: democratic - we choose, republic - representation = we choose who decides for us. So we choose somebody to choose for us:patrice: Choiceception:whoo:

This is just the political side of it. I don't even wanna mention about the powers that be, Rothchilds, Rockefellers, governments, and how they finance and control these elections, wars, etc. You're fools if you believe these elections aren't planned out way in advanced and no matter who wins, the same agenda of these entities will be pushed regardless. I won't call it the illuminati because they don't go by that name. Remember when JFK spoke out against these "secret societies" and opted to move against their plans? Got his top pushed back in the middle of a parade:huhldup:

Be real, you think we really decide who runs things here? Maybe on a local level but not national. Its no coincidence that just about all of these presidents are all related and have a common ancestor, including Obama. Look it up.

The very reason we have an electoral college in the first place is because the government doesn't trust the American people to make intelligent decisions to put the right people in office because we run off of emotions and visual stimuli and not sound thought process. In essence, they think we're too stupid. I know we want to think we matter because that's what our country wants us to think. But when you look deeper down the rabbit hole, you'll learn otherwise.
:Halle_Lujah: My trust lies within Christ Jesus, not man.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

This scripture tells us that the wicked ones rule this world and they operate in high positions or have elite status and power. Demons :Digust_preach:

Last edited:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Trump turned a bunch of traditionally blue states red though. Your vote can matter.

People like me who live in the swing states can't afford to not vote
Essentially a minority of people make the most difference, which makes no sense in 2016

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Trump turned a bunch of traditionally blue states red though. Your vote can matter.

Is this post directed at Hispanics and white women or nah?

Archangel

Banned
Daps

And I agree with you somewhat. I mentioned that the swing states are the only ones who could kind of make a difference.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Is this post directed at Hispanics and white women or nah?

:what:

And I agree with you somewhat. I mentioned that the swing states are the only ones who could kind of make a difference.

States can change. It's possible. Alabama is about as racist as it can be so I don't see that happening without a major unification of all the people of color

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:what:

States can change. It's possible. Alabama is about as racist as it can be so I don't see that happening without a major unification of all the people of color

Breh, do you understand where the major black populations in this country are located?

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Do you stupid ass nikkas go to cacs and preach to them why their vote doesn't matter, and why they should just stay home?

Nope, you just tell this shyt to other black ppl.
I have no white friends so :yeshrug:. Just thought I'd share my opinion.

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Did you atleast bother to look at a Sample Ballot for your county before you decided to just not vote. You are in Alabama for all you know they Coulda passed a constitutional amendment to bring back slavery while you was at the house just chilling