High School Seniors Not Allowed To Walk At Graduation Due To Water Fight Senior Prank

Is the punishment to harsh?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
High School Seniors Not Allowed To Walk At Graduation Due To Water Fight Senior Prank

A group of seniors in New Orleans will not walk across the stage at graduation because of a water fight.

Students at Sophie B. Wright told local news station WWL that the fight happened Friday during lunch as a senior prank.

Now, parents are reportedly furious and feel their children worked too hard to have a milestone like graduation taken away from them.

Monday afternoon, parents arranged a meeting with each other to figure out what they could do to fix the outcome of the incident.

Students say they are heartbroken over the punishment handed down.

“I cried all this morning because I’m, like, really, graduation?” Kariell Bass, one of the students facing the punishment, told WDSU. “I’m the first child. My mom had me when she was 17. This is a big accomplishment for her and me.”

According to students the principal knew about the water balloon fight, and warned them several times not to do it inside…so they went outside during lunch.

“We just wanted to have fun for once,” said Lyric Fernandez, a student. “Now, we can’t even participate in senior activities or walk? What’s the point?”

The principal said at least one teacher and a student were hurt.

Their punishment for all students involved ended up being a five-day suspension, no prom, no senior activities, and no walking at graduation.

Parents and students say the punishment is too harsh.

“Let them clean your building. Let them do community service. Children make mistakes,” said Rebecca Solomon, the mother to one of the students. “They were having fun.”

The school issued a statement on the incident explaining their decision:

“Sophie B. Wright High School does not tolerate any behavior that disrupts our community or creates an unsafe environment. Our policies are clearly defined and our students are constantly reminded that their actions have consequences.

“The incident on April 5 caused injury to at least one teacher and one student. Additionally, school property was sprayed with water and a restroom was compromised. Both personal injury and effects on property are currently under investigation. It is possible that damage caused by these students will result in criminal and civil actions.

“The administration was aware of the potential action (described as a prank), and we advised staff, teachers and students that it was a violation of school policy. After reminding students several times during the week of April 1 about the importance of safety within school community and providing warnings about consequences, several students decided to coordinate and participate in the action on campus. They prompted the incident even though they understood that the police department and the non-profit School Board had been notified. The students were directed not to participate and warned that the consequences of their participation in the prank would be their elimination in senior activities, including graduation.

Daps
On one hand, they were told NOT to do it, and they still did it, and yes they need to be punished.

However, they should have been told the punishment would be no prom, no graduation, and no senior activities. If they knew the full extent of their actions, and still chose to do it, then the punishment would be justified.

In this case, I think community service would be a justified punishment since they didn’t know how severe the punishment would be.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't really be mad about it because they had multiple warnings. Students thought they was slick by not having the water fight inside "what? we had the water prank outside, you said don't have it inside :HeyMarlonSayCheese:"

Principle was like you right but you still not walking at graduation :MJSnicker:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
“I’m the first child. My mom had me when she was 17. This is a big accomplishment for her and me.”
:francis:Welp...there's your sign.
I never understood the "Senior prank" thing. It was mainly the white boys that were into that when I was in high school.
Even then, the principal put out several announcements towards the end of the year letting everyone know they weren't playing around.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'll never understand the high importance placed on the graduation walk. So long as you get your diploma, that's all that matters. Had the school told me I couldn't do the walk......oh well. Mail me the diploma or tell me when I can come up and get it cuz either way I'm done. Besides, after graduation I got real life to get on with. A side of me is happy these kids are being prevented from the walk so they can an early taste of the real world and see people for what they are. Welcome early to cynicism.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
They did this shyt at my high school, just with stink bombs and silly string

School smelt terrible for like 3 days and if I can remember some kid had a asthma attack cuz of it. Damn near a quarter of the senior class got banned from graduation and prom

Principal threaten to have anyone who was involved arrested for trespassing if they showed up :snoop:

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Who gives a fukk about “walking across a stage”. fukk these cac rituals. They do us a favor by seperating us from these demonic CACs

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
Our school said the same thing as they caught wind of people bringing water balloons

so everyone went and just did at the park down from the school

It's a good first lesson of life for the young adults, you gotta deal with consequences of decision you make now :manny:

FACTS:francis:

Got to leave that kid shyt behind and use your brain :wow:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Good....this is an example of kids not wanting to follow authority

Let me get this straight...you were warned....but you still carried it out because you didnt care about the consequences....

This will be a valuable lesson

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
And thats why school shootings are commonplace now. These school administrators fukk around with the wrong kids, and they gonna sign their own death warrant.