Higher-Education Bill Tightens Accountability Rules for Minority Schools

North of Death

All Star
Daps
Good job HBCU presidents. How does that oval office photo opt look now? I'm not saying that the graduation rates shouldn't go up. But, what did the HBCU Presidents get from their photo opt and disrespect from Kelly Ann?
#WSSU
The bill allocates $183 million annually to designated minority-serving institutions in fiscal 2019 through fiscal 2024, and just over $308.3 million to historically black colleges and universities. It gives another $108 million specifically for Hispanic-servinginstitutions for program development.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Well in NC, I believe that A&T, Central, and WSSU will be good.

RIP to every other HBCU tho.

In general I do think there are too many universities. Trim some of the fat and push community colleges to those that aren't truly ready for universities.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
powmia said:
Not true, where did you get that Alt. Fact from? When was the last war the US won in 40 years, Vietnam?, Gulf War, War on Terror?............

:mjlol:.....cry for Liberal bullshyt, brehs.

Education spending has been higher than military spending for over 40 years and the results have been abominable.

The results many Liberals think shows Military spending way higher only considers discretionary spending which accounts for 1/3 of the budget while ignoring 60% of it considered 'mandatory'. Military spending has been at about 12%-14%, education, which is a conglomerate of science, health, education and a few other 'odds and ends' is actually about 30% of the TOTAL budget.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
GSR said:
The feds set aside more than $600 billion for education?

:comeon:

Yes, as a matter of fact.......​

Total expenditures for public elementary and secondary schools in the United States in 2013–14 amounted to $634 billion, or $12,509 per public school student enrolled in the fall (in constant 2015–16 dollars). Total expenditures included $11,222 per student in current expenditures, which includes salaries, employee benefits, purchased services, and supplies. Total expenditures also included $939 per student in capital outlay (expenditures for property and for buildings and alterations completed by school district staff or contractors) and $348 for interest on school debt.

:hubie:

powmia

Pro
Daps
:mjlol:.....cry for Liberal bullshyt, brehs.

Education spending has been higher than military spending for over 40 years and the results have been abominable.

The results many Liberals think shows Military spending way higher only considers discretionary spending which accounts for 1/3 of the budget while ignoring 60% of it considered 'mandatory'. Military spending has been at about 12%-14%, education, which is a conglomerate of science, health, education and a few other 'odds and ends' is actually about 30% of the TOTAL budget.​
Liberal BS.......... Why in the fukk did you ignore the info in the post. Since WWII or the last 40 years, as stated, how many major conflicts/Wars has the US won?

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Fun Fact: The Federal Government sets aside more money for education than Defense.......yet the results have kept getting worse for 40+ years.

Let that sink in for a minute.

:sas2:
I bolded THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT in case you want to be obtuse.

then your response to having this questioned is to talk about what all 50 states spend per pupil on education, showing that you don't know all that much about education spending and funding. or you do and like all alt-right cucks: LIE.

:wow::wow::wow::wow:ethered this whole thread

no you troll ass cac00n, this is what ether looks like.

Federal Role in Education

Education is primarily a State and local responsibility in the United States. It is States and communities, as well as public and private organizations of all kinds, that establish schools and colleges, develop curricula, and determine requirements for enrollment and graduation. The structure of education finance in America reflects this predominant State and local role. Of an estimated $1.15 trillion being spent nationwide on education at all levels for school year 2012-2013, a substantial majority will come from State, local, and private sources. This is especially true at the elementary and secondary level, where about 92 percent of the funds will come from non-Federal sources.

That means the Federal contribution to elementary and secondary education is about 8 percent, which includes funds not only from the Department of Education (ED) but also from other Federal agencies, such as the Department of Health and Human Services' Head Start program and the Department of Agriculture's School Lunch program.

Although ED's share of total education funding in the U.S. is relatively small, ED works hard to get a big bang for its taxpayer-provided bucks by targeting its funds where they can do the most good. This targeting reflects the historical development of the Federal role in education as a kind of "emergency response system," a means of filling gaps in State and local support for education when critical national needs arise.

anyway this thread was about about minority colleges.

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
hashmander said:
I bolded THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT in case you want to be obtuse.

The Education budget is not subject to mandatory spending. The Fed's funding towards education is ALL 'discretionary' (aside from student loans and a couple other programs), which is what I stated earlier. Your link actually states this rather succinctly, therefore, thanks for proving me correct.
hashmander said:
then your response to having this questioned is to talk about what all 50 states spend per pupil on education, showing that you don't know all that much about education spending and funding. or you do and like all alt-right cucks: LIE.

I didn't doubt it would be questioned, but the question YOU posed is moot. As far as knowing anything in regards to what I asserted, I'm an Independent and I can plainly see that Liberals crying for more money to be spent on education is retarded. The results of said spending have yielded negative results and will continue to do so, yet Liberals will not admit their idea is seriously flawed. Throwing money at the problem just makes the problem worse......ESPECIALLY for minorities. When your argument is proven invalid, you can continue attacking a straw-man, though.

:mjlol:

Suzie

Pro
Daps
Fun Fact: The Federal Government sets aside more money for education than Defense.......yet the results have kept getting worse for 40+ years.

Let that sink in for a minute.

:sas2:
Link?
Our country spends more of defense than anything

NVM I see other people answered