Highschoolers Doin Holocaust Themed Parties Now? (Yo B, This Sum Wild Shyt)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
img_3601.jpg

A group of New Jersey high school students are under fire after photos of them playing a drinking game pitting a team of "Nazis" vs. "Jews" surfaced. Photos showing the teens pouring beer into cups arranged as swastikas and a Star of David were shared on social media and quickly gained traction online.

Jamaica Ponder, a 17-year-old Princeton high schooler, posted an image of her classmates playing the drinking game to her blog post.

In the photo, students are seen pouring beer into cups arranged in a Star of David on one side and a swastika on the other side of a ping-pong table. The game is apparently played much like traditional beer pong but has rules that disturbingly incorporate Nazi treatment of Jews during WWII.

According to Ponder, the image of the game — dubbed “Holocaust pong” or “alcoholocaust” — was originally shared on Snapchat.

"Right off of Snapchat in a harrowingly recognizable basement, with our classmates front and center," wrote Ponder. "And no, your eyes aren’t playing a trick on you. Yes, that’s a swastika. Double yes- they’re playing Jews vs Nazis beer pong. No again, this isn’t a joke."

"Well, perhaps it is a joke," Ponder continued in her post. "But then I guess the punchline would be: genocide."

She was clear about her personal disgust with the imagery, a sentiment that has been echoed by many online.

"Pardon me if I don’t find that to be hilarious. The real joke here is that these kids weren’t only insensitive enough to play the game, but also silly enough to post it on Snapchat and leave it there long enough for me, and several others, to take a screenshot."

Ponder did not identify the students in the photo but said she had spoken to school officials about the incident. Princeton's Public Schools Superintendent Steve Cochrane called the game "clearly anti-Semitic."

“As an individual and as the superintendent of the Princeton Public Schools, I am deeply upset that some of our students chose to engage in a drinking game with clearly anti-Semitic overtones and to broadcast their behavior over social media,” Cochrane told NJ.com.

He said the district is talking to the students and their families about the photo.

Additional information from the Associated Press.

Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments

High schoolers caught playing 'Jews vs. Nazis' drinking game

G-d help us :martin: