Hol up so Dan Marino never retired and has been a free agent for 16 years

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
:wtf:

In March of 2000, Dan Marino announced his retirement from the NFL. On Wednesday, Marino signed a one-day contract with the Dolphins, so that he could retire as a member of the only team for which he played.

Wait, what?

It turns out that Marino never filed his official retirement papers with the league. That provided the Dolphins with an opportunity to bring back some of the heroes from their past in a ceremony Wednesday that featured several age- and salary cap-related jokes.

“To sign a contract for a day, I’m very proud of it,” Marino said (via the AP), as he was joined by fellow Hall of Famers Bob Griese and Larry Little, as well as other Miami stalwarts in Kim Bokamper, Nat Moore and Sam Madison. “I’ve been very proud to only be a Dolphin and not play anywhere else.

And the fact I’ve been a free agent for 16 years and no one’s called is kind of upsetting to me.”

“This means a lot to us,” Dolphins General Manager Mike Tannenbaum said. “Our history, our legacy, we’re all so proud of it and all the contributions you guys have made to the organization means a lot to all of us.”Marino took some ribbing for needing to put on reading glasses before signing his contract, while Tannenbaum jokingly wondered whether the ex-quarterback had better knees than Ryan Tannehill, the team’s present-day starter.
:damn: shots fired
Dan Marino finally retires from the Miami Dolphins. Huh?