Hollow Knight | Nov’s PS+ game!

All Star
Daps
:jbhmm: I can get it for $7 on Humble Bundle.

:patrice:But I don't have the time to give this the attention it deserves.

Copped. :birdman:

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
I finally started this the other day. I’m currently in the City Of Tears gettin that work lol.

Is “Ori & The Blind Forest” anything like this(besides being a Metroidvania)??

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The game has a lot of style but it has its faults.

1. Theres pushback when you hit enemies...Its usually fine but say you are doing a platforming section, jump and attack an airborne enemy, the pushback can mess up your landing. You can definitely adjust and get used to this so its only a minor issue. This one is whatever, not a big deal.

2. The map. This doesnt work like Castlevania or Metroid. When you reach a new area, you have no map. You gotta randomly explore til you find the map guy and buy the map. You also need a compass just to show where you are on the map. The big issue is you might even finish that whole area without a map and then find the map guy at the end. Also the game doesnt fill out where you already have explored until you rest at a bench. So you gotta remember exactly what spots you went to even if you have a map and compass. Or you gotta constantly rest at the benches. If you dont mind getting lost over and over this is ok, but I'm old and I aint got time for that shyt. I feel like this whole map idea is a step backwards and just adds unnecessary frustration. Super Metroid came out more than 20 years ago and has a better map system. Why did they think filling out a map as you progress is not the best way? This is them messing with a tried and true formula just for the sake of being different and in my opinion it is a failure.

3. Its another one of those games where you gotta collect your corpse. This is mostly fine but say you got murked somewhere and dont wanna mess with that area, maybe go back later and instead explore elsewhere.....nope. You better get your ass back there and collect your corpse.

Im not saying its a bad game but some of the design choices were unnecessary and just add tedium to your gameplay.

i refunded this shyt and instead copped guacamelee super turbo, now that game is dope as fukk for a metroidvania style, and innovates in excellent ways rather than taking away features and calling it new.

Damn, I hope anyone who's interested in this game ignores these posts.

The map complaints are so overblown. :smhkobe: I got the thing to fill out the maps after you buy them within like 30 minutes of the game and none of the areas are overly massive. The guy who sells the maps are usually found fairly early in each area too. :what:

Most people looking at this game have probably played the Souls games too. The collecting your corpse thing is not that difficult and something we're used to at this point. It's even labeled on the map where it's at.

Only a few hours into it, but like @Mikey2Toes said, this game is fantastic. Highly recommended to any Metroidvania lovers or just great games period.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
You don't have to collect your corpse.

I sometimes ignore the fukker cause all he has is chips and I don't see anything else worth buying in the store using those chips.

:yeshrug:

:stopitslime: @ you nikkas complaining about getting lost

If you ain't getting lost you ain't playing it right. You're supposed to get lost that's why it's an adventure :gladbron:

Jk this map system does suck though everything else is dope.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Some of the final bosses are fukking infuriating. Traitor Lord is a complete pain in the ass, even more so because it's a pain in the ass getting back to him after you die. My aggravation is on a thousand right now.

Daps
Reppin
Finally got back into and was lost as fukk after not playing it for a few months :francis:

I got all of the Dreamers though and am now just doing all of the random quests and exploring for more charms.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Bought the game a few weeks ago, finally got around to playing it a few days ago and I'm in love :wow:

2. The map. This doesnt work like Castlevania or Metroid. When you reach a new area, you have no map. You gotta randomly explore til you find the map guy and buy the map. You also need a compass just to show where you are on the map. The big issue is you might even finish that whole area without a map and then find the map guy at the end. Also the game doesnt fill out where you already have explored until you rest at a bench. So you gotta remember exactly what spots you went to even if you have a map and compass. Or you gotta constantly rest at the benches. If you dont mind getting lost over and over this is ok, but I'm old and I aint got time for that shyt. I feel like this whole map idea is a step backwards and just adds unnecessary frustration. Super Metroid came out more than 20 years ago and has a better map system. Why did they think filling out a map as you progress is not the best way? This is them messing with a tried and true formula just for the sake of being different and in my opinion it is a failure.

3. Its another one of those games where you gotta collect your corpse. This is mostly fine but say you got murked somewhere and dont wanna mess with that area, maybe go back later and instead explore elsewhere.....nope. You better get your ass back there and collect your corpse.

Im not saying its a bad game but some of the design choices were unnecessary and just add tedium to your gameplay.
But I'll be damned if these points aren't true :yeshrug: