Hot Chicken & Cold Shoulders [From Nashville to Cally] - Tennessee Titans 2024 Season Thread

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Every now and then you gotta change out the closet. But don't worry, the Oilers jerseys are staying put. Our head coach (my Buckeye alumni) is gone. He got us back to somewhat a respectable team with 3 playoff appearances in his 6 years coaching, but the train has come off the rails the past cpl of years due to old regime decisions, roster (mgmt) miscommunication, aging, and more. But it was still a good 4 years (and 2 rough ones). Could he have turned it around? Maybe. Now we'll never know.

Our King is also likely gone and we will have the misfortune of seeing him in another uniform sadly.

Tanny states he wants to stick around and play some more......but ong it won't be here. But do we have our QB for the future on the roster? That remains to be seen, but there is not much time to figure it out with CJ Stroud across the way in our division, T. Law (when not injured), and maybe even the Colts have something with AR. We can't afford to find out quickly if Levis is that guy or if we need to go back to the draft immediately. Levis #s weren't that far off of Tanny (in a bad yr) but he also didn't have much to work with. Older Henry, bad playcalling, no WRs (besides D-Hop), and some of the most horrific o-line play you'll see all yr.

Our O-line is a mess. Not much to say about that. 3 out of our first 4 draft picks very well might have to be niccas for the trenches. Who knew gettin' rid of scum like Lewan + others would sink our line so quickly?

But we byke

Time to look ahead

@murksiderock
@bxrfan
@RiffRaff
@rbksNgirbauds
@thaKEAF
@The Villain
@Keengcong
@LinusCaldwell
@Leavingtheecstasy
@Hamsterdam921
@Him Duncan

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
If the King is for sure gone, Tyjae Spears (who was probably severely underused) was a nice surprise.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
As we look ahead to a new conductor to get this streetcar byke where it needs to be....for all of the waxing poetic about Ran's relationship with Texans OC Bobby Slovik & Dolphins OC Frank Smith, so far our way too early request list looks like:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Our schedule looks easy on paper but we are a rebuilding team :manny:

We need to go offensive minded for the coach and hope Ran hits on these picks and cap space. I’m satisfied with Vrabel being gone. You can’t have the record he had after two seasons (including losing streaks over two seasons and a streak of not scoring over 30) no matter who is on the field.

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Our schedule looks easy on paper but we are a rebuilding team :manny:

We need to go offensive minded for the coach and hope Ran hits on these picks and cap space. I’m satisfied with Vrabel being gone. You can’t have the record he had after two seasons (including losing streaks and a streak of not scoring over 30) no matter who is on the field.

I still don't think they get a full rebuild off like they may want (if that's the objective). When's the last time we just bottomed out with 1-3 wins and got a #1 or #2 pick for our troubles?

Guarantee if we go OC oriented for the HC and he can maximize Levis, Nuk & Spears, they gonna be worth about 4-5 wins on their own.

But yeah this shyt right here was alarming. Had two guys (Landry & Autry) in double sacks and yet still was either middle of the pack or just not good on D and that's supposed to be your bread and butter.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
Yeah I really don't have much expectations this year. 4th best team in the division presently standing, and its only four per sooo , yeah :skip:
But all is not lost, you can be sorry and still entertaining. You can be sorry and still building towards something. And that's my focus :
  1. Figuring out if Revis is our guy
  2. The overall direction the franchise envisions.
Forced but much needed rebuild.

I ain't no GM I ont give af about all that draft shyt, just put a good product on the damn field

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@Hamsterdam921 Vrabel is my buckguy but yea, he seems to have had maybe a little too much dip on his chips lol. Hate it had to get this messy & come to it like this. Should've just tossed him with JR for real. Keepin' him around after clearly told him that he was gonna have more juice going forward which obv wasn't the case. Coaches having too much power, GM or otherwise never really pans out too well. Don't care if he made the playoffs 3 straight years or not. You already got too much on ya plate...why you tryna add more?

Sidenote: Wouldn't mind seeing Higgins over here 👀

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Yeah I really don't have much expectations this year. 4th best team in the division presently standing, and its only four per sooo , yeah :skip:
But all is not lost, you can be sorry and still entertaining. You can be sorry and still building towards something. And that's my focus :
  1. Figuring out if Revis is our guy
  2. The overall direction the franchise envisions.
Forced but much needed rebuild.

I ain't no GM I ont give af about all that draft shyt, just put a good product on the damn field

Yuh....going into next yr with low to no expectations sounds about right. I just want the line to be fixed & some non-conservative play-calling where Levis has no excuses to get a fair shot of proving if he's the guy. And also to see if Burks and Spears (more so the former than latter) are going to be a part of the long-term future as well.

Hamsterdam921

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Hamsterdam921 Vrabel is my buckguy but yea, he seems to have had maybe a little too much dip on his chips lol. Hate it had to get this messy & come to it like this. Should've just tossed him with JR for real. Keepin' him around after clearly told him that he was gonna have more juice going forward which obv wasn't the case. Coaches having too much power, GM or otherwise never really pans out too well. Don't care if he made the playoffs 3 straight years or not. You already got too much on ya plate...why you tryna add more?

Sidenote: Wouldn't mind seeing Higgins over here 👀

In hindsight should’ve fired Mike, traded Tanny and Henry, and would’ve been loaded with picks and cap space this offseason

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I wouldn't be mad at this staff at all, especially since it seems like Callahan is picking up steam on the rumor mill.