Housing is now unaffordable for a record half of all U.S. renters, study finds

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
we should live with parents until we're 40 or get roommates well into our mid 30s

@dora_da_destroyer
If housing is swallowing your budget, you absolutely should look into ways to split the costs. Lol @ being 35 and too proud to have a roommate but sad about not being able to afford shyt. Since women started working, prices were built around more than one income, deal with with it. If you ain’t partnered up romantically, partner up bromantically

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
If housing is swallowing your budget, you absolutely should look into ways to split the costs. Lol @ being 35 and too proud to have a roommate but sad about not being able to afford shyt. Since women started working, prices were built around more than one income, deal with with it. If you ain’t partnered up romantically, partner up bromantically
Sad reality. We cannot escape the machine now.

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
Sad reality. We cannot escape the machine now.

0QpdAB.gif

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Why do you guys like to dispute raw data facts? People live where the jobs are and most of those "affordable" houses are no where near jobs or in commute to an job. Look at what happened to the DFW?

"Raw Data" also says that Black people are the most violent and cause the most crime, but it's that black people are the most convicted. So save me the BS on manipulated statistics

Just say you don't explore the entire country and call it a day. You named Dallas. Please tell how Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, DC and other top 10 cities are all expensive with oversaturated job seekers for only a handful of jobs. How interesting

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
in 2010 I had a studio that was 475 ft, but pretty well laid out, and was perfect, but I was only 24 when I moved in. It was $750, stayed there for 5 years, and moved out to a better spot, but now those places rent for like $1700 or something like that. Old ass building. No amenities. Nice neighborhood.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Define "unaffordable"

Translation: It's unaffordable to live in the 10 cities that everyone wants to live in

Newsflash, the more desirable/demand a city gets the higher the higher the price people are willing to pay for it. There are 50-60 other cities with lower cost of living that people can move to. These non-Top 10 cities aren't "poppin" on Instagram and Tik Tok. The herd culture is getting worse
I don't live in a highly desireable city. Home prices are still out of control. My city is the second largest city in the state but in a state that is not in high demand for people to move to. No beaches in the whole state just to make a point.

It's mostly because homes are being bought up by corporate entities as investments and to rent them out. If it was only homeowner or people who want to own a home in the market it would be different.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
The evil German told you that you will own nothing by 2030 and be happy about it!!! :birdman: You thought it was a game? Sad thing is, many of you know exactly what they're trying to bring forth but wanna have ostrich syndrome. :sas1: Keep messing with Israel, though :sas2:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is a goddamn fact. Whenever more money is added to the pool, sellers of anything and everything don't just think "more customers", they also push prices to see what the market will bare. Also, the partnered up people are using their buying power like they are supposed to.

My girl hears from me regularly that I want her to get her credit up in the next couple of years cause if need be, WE are gonna buy a home. If my situation is right (it was right enough to buy a 2b/2b condo all alone), then our combined over six figure incomes should get us into something 3b/2b that we can live in for a decade or so before buying bigger if we have kids or whatever. The partnership game is the way if you aren't earning 1% wages as a single person.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Bromantically :mjlol:

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
if u have cash, u should EASILY be able to find a good deal on a truck. because interest rates are so high, there's a lot of inventory on dealer lots.

there are even sites that show u how many days a vehicle has been on the lot, which means u can definitely get a deal on the truck because they are desperate to move it. these dealers have to pay for that inventory and when interest rates stay high, that held inventory becomes increasingly expensive to just sit on the lot.
3rd gen TL just hit 180k

No note :wow: