How are there 2 million more black women in America, yet 360k more married black men?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
23.5 million BW, compared to 21.5 million BM

2014_Marriage_Chart.jpg

I need answers, even with the "baby mama" argument this seemingly makes no logical sense :patrice:

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
Its about having a more freedom of choice. And the willing to take that plunge.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Reasonable Doubt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County , California
It just means there is a whole lot more non married black women in the world...not that hard to understand plus add the fact many of these women be chasing after the same dudes and then majority of them living in this fantasy island that one day Ghost in a suit will come save them...

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug: You guys see numbers I’m seeing reasons for black men to be picky.

Even if every black woman married a black man there would be 2 million more black women who are single. Add the fact black women are getting degrees and a careers at a faster rate than everybody else.

:yeshrug: This thread should be a celebration.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Keep in mind that some of the disparity is caused by the fact that women simply live longer than men. Black women of all age groups and black men of all age groups are put into these figures too.

This....over half of the 'single' Black women in excess of Black men are women in the 50+ age bracket where Black men begin dying off (well all men to be honest). If you look at the actual surplus of women of marriage/childbearing age it isn't really that big.

Also, because of the reduction of crime since the 90s and lower infant mortality the current generation of Black women going into the 20s has close to no demographic gap number wise with Black men. The educational gap remains though, but also this is large and growing for White women/White men too.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Dude it’s more women than it’s men and many women don’t want to share a man now

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Thread title didn't make any logical sense to me until I took a look at the chart..:manny: