Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
:skip: @ Patribotics being the equal opposite of Infowars

Louise Mensch :umad:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...h-this-chart-2018-02-28?mod=mw_share_facebook

How biased is your news source? You probably won’t agree with this chart

Published: Apr 21, 2018 9:30 a.m. ET

MW-GE563_jones_20180228121056_ZH.jpg
Getty
Alex Jones, an American radio host, author and conspiracy theorist, addresses the media.

By
SHAWN LANGLOIS
SOCIAL-MEDIA EDITOR

Are we even aware of our biases anymore?

If you look at this chart and are convinced your “extreme” source belongs in the middle, you just might be part of the problem plaguing America today.

MW-GE557_MediaB_20180228115701_NS.jpg

“In the past, national evening news programs, local evening news programs, and the front pages of print newspapers were dominated by fact-reporting stories,” says the chart’s creator, patent attorney Vanessa Otero. “Now, however, many sources people consider to be ‘news sources’ are actually dominated by analysis and opinion pieces.”

She released the first version of the chart back in 2016, and she’s updated it several times since. Over the past year, it’s gone viral, with thousands of educators at both the high school and college levels using the compelling visual. She says she’s “shocked” by all the attention it’s received and still gets requests every day.

Otero also talked about why such bias is so troubling.

“I think the extremes are very toxic and damaging to the country,” she explained to MarketWatch. “These extreme sources play on people’s worst instincts, like fear and tribalism, and take advantage of people’s confirmation biases.”

And with that, let the backlash over the latest version begin.

Obviously, to many conservatives, Fox News, home to the guy Carter Page describes as this generation’s “Edward R. Murrow,” has no business on the fringe. And the fact that CNN’s bordering the neutral zone is sure to rankle Trump fans.

Then there’s Infowars, which Otero deems “nonsense damaging to public discourse.” Infowars, after the chart first surfaced, responded with one of its own:

MW-FC099_mapnew_20180228120101_NS.jpg

Infowars, run by Alex Jones, wrote that the chart is an example of the “dying dinosaur media’s extreme liberal bias” and that it unfairly “demonizes” independent media. Here’s just one example of how Infowars shows off its independence:

MW-GE567_fbisan_20180228122002_NS.jpg

“If you have just a couple sources that you think are in the middle but none exist either to the right or left of them, or up or down from them, you may be on the wrong track,” Otero said, adding that MarketWatch will make the next update.

But where?

NPR:ahh:
New York Times:ahh:
Reuters/AP :ahh:
The Economist :ahh:
Washington Post:ahh:
Fox News:umad:
Info Wars :heh:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
All the news ervices are getting bad. Even CNN can't hide their disdain for Trump, but it's really a Freudian thing. They know they all created him by giving him free air time in exchange for the ratings from him slinging dirt on everyone in the campaign.

"OOOH, he just called him 'Little Marco' :russ:"

"OOOH he just called Elizabeth Warren 'Pocahantas' :mjgrin:"

"OOOH he just called Jeb Bush 'low energy' :gladbron:"

"Any of you guys want to come on our station to snap back? :troll:If you don't come one we're just going to have to keep airing his insults against you :jawalrus:"

They turned around and he was leading the pack, but it was too late to turn the tide at that point. They sold their souls already.

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
I get the entirety of my news from the AP and Reuters twitter accounts that link directly to the stories. :manny: Haven't been on CNN to search for news in 6 years.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i start the night off with cucker tarlson at 8, then watch chris cuomo at 9 and don lemon at 10. gives me a nice balanced palate :ehh:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
i start the night off with cucker tarlson at 8, then watch chris cuomo at 9 and don lemon at 10. gives me a nice balanced palate :ehh:

As much as you claim to hate Tucker Carlson, you spew a lot of his same talking points about immigration:bppatrice:

So I'm thinking you're serious about actually watching that trash :tchallascust1:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as you claim to hate Tucker Carlson, you spew a lot of his same talking points about immigration:bppatrice:
oh, he's dead right on immigration :ehh:

i actually love watching him get some left wing shythead on the show to defend people coming here illegally :mjlol: they always embarrass themselves. you know why? because you can't come to a country illegally :dead: and when pressed, they always weasel their way out of it, or state that because some people are racist our border laws have to evaporate, etc

the left needs to drop this bullshyt, or see itself out when it comes to national elections and be content with getting 90% of the vote in sanctuary cities

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
oh, he's dead right on immigration :ehh:

i actually love watching him get some left wing shythead on the show to defend people coming here illegally :mjlol: they always embarrass themselves. you know why? because you can't come to a country illegally :dead: and when pressed, they always weasel their way out of it, or state that because some people are racist our border laws have to evaporate, etc

the left needs to drop this bullshyt, or see itself out when it comes to national elections and be content with getting 90% of the vote in sanctuary cities

Bullsh*t.:heh:

Apprehensions at the Southwest border are at an all-time low.

Roughly half of the ~14 million illegals here are visa overstays, with visa overstays outnumbering illegal border crossings since 2008.
Regardless of these facts, you'll still spew your BS about illegals being a problem.:scust:

Keep it pushing, Brayden:cambybp: