How Can We SOLVE Gang Violence? (Do We NEED More Mentors & Programs?)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I've seen some people on here saying that rallies and etc don't help. How should we solve the issue :jbhmm: Do we need to have more programs in place? If so what types of programs? I think we need more mentors. Because kids in the hood after school don't know what they wanna do with their life. Also, we need programs to teach minorities how to be FINANCIALLY independent. That way it would lead more youth to choose the RIGHT path, than the WRONG patch (aka gangs). How would you solve this?

Daps
Eliminate rap music.

Parents have to do a better job showing kids its other things to do besides rap and play ball.

Honestly Its going to be tough cause even our rich and famous athletes/entertainers are glorifying gangs even though they have millions in the bank. If our most influential people are doing it it will always continue.

Last edited:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Right now, gang culture is made to seem "cool". I made a thread speaking on this once:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/why-...lantly-allowed-to-influence-the-youth.329014/

That must be put to an end, along with the things you mentioned and ALOT more. Gang culture is a deeply rooted problem
True

Long story short nikkas need education and jobs. Crime is a product of people who dont have anything else to do.
Everybody isn't cut out for college (not talking about myself).

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Eliminate rap music.

Parents have to do a better job showing kids its other things to do besides rap and play ball.

Honestly Its going to be tough cause even our rich and famous athletes/entertainers are glorifying gangs even though they have millions in the bank. If our most influential people are doing it it will always continue.

Stop glorifying it simple as that.
yep, the black youth has the most limited "circumference of awareness" out of all the racial groups. This is a GREAT watch on this subject. One of my favorite vids. Go to about 4:00 for when they really start talking:

Every other race of kids have PLENTY of positive role models and examples to draw inspiration from. Whether its their own family or in the media. Black kids dont. Black youth mainly see themselves in 3 ways: athlete, rapper and dopeboy/thug. Alot of black youth has never seen a black doctor, lawyer, astronaut, chemist, scholar, etc. AND THIS IS BY DESIGN.

You control what the black youth sees and hear about themself and you can control their actions. The mind cant do what it doesnt know, so if you feed the youth's minds with nothing but negative imagery and sounds, you can ultimately control their actions. Like David Banner said, mindless zombies are being breeded today:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Everybody isn't cut out for college (not talking about myself).
Lot of these little nigglets aint finishing high school bruh.

And college is far from the only route. Theres hella trades desperate for new blood. Healthcare, IT (the service side not the programming side), energy, there is work out there brehs. There just aren't bridges to said work from the hood. These kids dont know what options they have.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
yep, the black youth has the most limited "circumference of awareness" out of all the racial groups. This is a GREAT watch on this subject. One of my favorite vids. Go to about 4:00 for when they really start talking:

Every other race of kids have PLENTY of positive role models and examples to draw inspiration from. Whether its their own family or in the media. Black kids dont. Black youth mainly see themselves in 3 ways: athlete, rapper and dopeboy/thug. Alot of black youth has never seen a black doctor, lawyer, astronaut, chemist, scholar, etc. AND THIS IS BY DESIGN.

You control what the black youth sees and hear about themself and you can control their actions. The mind cant do what it doesnt know, so if you feed the youth's minds with nothing but negative imagery and sounds, you can ultimately control their actions. Like David Banner said, mindless zombies are being breeded today:

Agreed with David Banner on that integration comment. I've been saying that same thing for years. Integration did hurt us in the long run. Should have remained separate but equal.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama

And college is far from the only route. Theres hella trades desperate for new blood. Healthcare, IT (the service side not the programming side), energy, there is work out there brehs. There just aren't bridges to said work from the hood. These kids dont know what options they have.

"In order to control a group of people, to destroy a group of people, you take over the minds' of its youth"

"What you do TO yourself, what you do FOR yourself, and what you ALLOW OTHER PEOPLE TO DO TO YOU, is based upon what you think about yourself. What you think about yourself is based upon what you've been taught about yourself, what you've been taught about yourself is based upon everything you've read,heard and seen about yourself. So when you control the radius of a man's thoughts, you can CONTROL THE CIRCUMFERENCE OF HIS ACTIONS. The mind cant do what it doesn't know. So controlling people's access to information is extremely important"

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism

You right and about the highschool part I sometimes understand why some drop out. The public school system is in shambles. Only thing the prepare you for is a test. Us as Blacks need our own schools in my opinion. Most of these highschool don't prepare kids, ESPECIALLY minorities for a life outside of school. Thank god I already had that freethinker mindset and learned how to use it once I hit college. College helped me and I plan on going back to double major. Our people need a positive outlet and mentors to help them. shyt, I need a mentor myself because I stress and sometimes feel I have no direction.