How come Christianity isn't viewed as successful cult?

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Where's the proof dumbass?

:ufdup:

There's an overwhelming amount of evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus. This is something the consensus of scholars agree on.

Now as far as him being born of a virgin, performing miracles, and etc? There's no proof of that, and it's something you have to accept on faith.
But a historical Jesus did in fact exist, a lot of things got embellished later on though.

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
There's an overwhelming amount of evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus. This is something the consensus of scholars agree on.

Now as far as him being born of a virgin, performing miracles, and etc? There's no proof of that, and it's something you have to accept on faith.
But a historical Jesus did in fact exist, a lot of things got embellished later on though.

I can see that

:ehh:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is a cult, but if the people who practiced it were logical enough to realize it, they would already have dropped it years ago

The book of genesis is fukking comedy too. Talking snake and shyt:dead:
noah living to be 900 years old after building that ark with the animals :camby:

and i'm a bad guy for calling bullshyt on that :heh:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
I was on the phone with my aunt today. Growing up as a kid, I looked up to her a lot. Her English was excellent since she was an English teacher, and I always wanted to be good at reading and writing partially because of that.

She taught at this Christian convent school, where most of the other teachers, especially the ranking ones, were nuns. None of us thought anything of it, but looking back it's obvious she had Christian leanings for a long time, because I never remember her going to a Hindu temple with the rest of my family. Anyway her husband died about 10 years ago and that tipped her over the edge, she went full blown Christian, formally converted, be in church every Sunday faithfully, and all that.

Before (bear in mind she lives in India and I don't, so I only see her or talk to her once every two or three years these days) we used to talk about literature and shyt, and how I was going to improve my grades at school. Now on the phone with her today all she talked was a whole bunch of religious crap... talking about "the grace of god is with you" and "it doesn't matter if you have nothing as long as you have gods blessing" :mjcry: damn, what happened to you? I'm not trying to hear any of that Jesus talk!

So I'm saying Christianity is cult like and you can see that most obviously in converts:

• They get influenced heavily by other Christians, like my aunt and her teacher colleagues/superiors
  • It's usually some traumatic experience that leads them to finally convert after years of pressure from Christians
  • After they convert their former identity is virtually meaningless to them and all they can talk about is their new identity as Christians

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Make your aunt's experience be the stereotypical way you view Christians brehs

I was on the phone with my aunt today. Growing up as a kid, I looked up to her a lot. Her English was excellent since she was an English teacher, and I always wanted to be good at reading and writing partially because of that.

She taught at this Christian convent school, where most of the other teachers, especially the ranking ones, were nuns. None of us thought anything of it, but looking back it's obvious she had Christian leanings for a long time, because I never remember her going to a Hindu temple with the rest of my family. Anyway her husband died about 10 years ago and that tipped her over the edge, she went full blown Christian, formally converted, be in church every Sunday faithfully, and all that.

Before (bear in mind she lives in India and I don't, so I only see her or talk to her once every two or three years these days) we used to talk about literature and shyt, and how I was going to improve my grades at school. Now on the phone with her today all she talked was a whole bunch of religious crap... talking about "the grace of god is with you" and "it doesn't matter if you have nothing as long as you have gods blessing" :mjcry: damn, what happened to you? I'm not trying to hear any of that Jesus talk!

So I'm saying Christianity is cult like and you can see that most obviously in converts:

• They get influenced heavily by other Christians, like my aunt and her teacher colleagues/superiors
  • It's usually some traumatic experience that leads them to finally convert after years of pressure from Christians
  • After they convert their former identity is virtually meaningless to them and all they can talk about is their new identity as Christians

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Make your aunt's experience be the stereotypical way you view Christians brehs

I also base it off the JWs I see at my door. They can't talk about anything else. I could be talking about the weather or the wasp nest in my back yard and they'd find a way to bring it back to something about Jesus. JWs are also largely converts. If it was just people born into it their religion would grow at a snail's pace.

Converts of any kind will generally tend to be more zealous than people born into something because they will feel like they need to prove themselves and psychologically will want to disassociate from their past identity by doubling down on their present identity. So, looking at converts exposes which religions are cultlike and which ones aren't. You ever see Buddhist or Taoist converts running around on a mission to convert others like you see Christians and Muslims? There's something fundamentally wrong about the monotheist Abrahamic religions that makes their followers behave like this.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

plus, its no coincidence that the vast majority of christians are only christians because it was forced on them by their parents. who had it forced on them by their parents, etc

its no coincidence that you get taught that bullshyt at the same age you're impressionable enough to believe in santa. its literally the same exact thing :mjlol: except santa doesnt have a bad, fiery place in the ground you should be afraid of